Ended Supply Chain Officer, Procurement
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer, Procurement
Band/ Level / Grade:8B
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Al Dhale
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC owns the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing coordinated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To support effective operations in Supply Chain Department in IRC Yemen by conducting all local, national and international procurement to ensure that all procurement is conducted in accordance with IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures, meaningful donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining the best Value for Money (VFM).
The Supply Chain Officer will work in Al Dhale (could be deployed anywhere in Country) under the supervision of the Senior Field Manager and Senior Procurement Manager. He/she is responsible for all types of procurement, fleet and asset management under the responsibility of Supply Chain. This is a key position within SC and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC's system.
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC procurement Standard Operating procedures and donor-specific polices.
- Provide procurement services and facilitate movement to the field Office.
- Process of the procurements for the programs and operations, and other related field supports.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure coordinated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that an open and responsive procurement process is implemented, maintained and conduct tendering process when required.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the substantial requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipments required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current market conditions.
- Coordinate with warehouse on deliveries and ensuring quality items are received
- Advise the Senior supply chain officer of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisors.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior supply chain officer
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain Assistants
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration, Programs, Grants and Finance departments
External: Vendors and service providers
Key Result Areas
- Provision of effective, procurement service
- Compliance to the donor requirements and IRC procedures
- On time, standard monthly reports to SCM
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, purchased by IRC
- Produce routine cash / payment projections / Commitments to SCM and Finance.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
Required qualification and experience
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous) for 2 years.
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Holder of Diploma or equivalent in purchasing, supplies and management or Business Administration
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient use of PC especially spreadsheets.
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must align with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Nov 25, 2020 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.