Junior Business Analyst
Note: The applying link has been updated
Junior Business Analyst
Application Deadline: 30 November 2020
Yemen Kuwait Bank for Trade & Investment (YKB) is the first commercial bank established by the private sector in Yemen. Throughout 40 years of inspiration and stability YKB has created a strong trustworthy image in the public’s eye, making it the obvious choice for anyone looking for safe banking services.
YKB’s heritage has given it a strong foundation to build on into the future, allowing it to achieve its vision of becoming the preferred destination for integrated financial services. This ambitious vision is derived from the bank’s mission: “To provide individuals and businesses in Yemen with an upscale level of financial services exemplified by personal attention to clients’ needs and aspirations, as well as to contribute to the national economy by ensuring it employs qualified, self-motivated staff and constantly evolving through the use of the most modern techniques.”
Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of business development fields. As a fast paced and expanding bank, we foster an environment of continuous innovation and a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. You are expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level.
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Are you excited to solve complex business issues with data-driven insights? Business Development Department at YKB is looking for a Junior Business Analyst for the Data & Analytics team in Sana’a, Yemen.
Advancing data-related capabilities is one of our strategic priorities at YKB, and our data and analytics teams work closely with each business to make that happen. The team plays a significant role in supporting critical processes and function within YKB that support its ability to drive valuable insights from data, among other key capabilities.
Come join us on our journey to become the leading data-driven bank.
What you’ll do:
A Junior Business Analyst will act as a bridge between business ideas and business capabilities; you will use your strong communication skills within and across organization, build strong relationships with business groups and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges, and opportunities.
In this role, you'll work on data-related agile projects; to research, collect and document business and data requirements. Additionally, you will use your curiosity to discover deeper business rationale and technical requirements from initial requirements.
Primarily, a Junior Business Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Discovering the underlying business need to be addressed and information related to the product and project requirements, often through conversations with stakeholders, research and observation.
- Organizing, prioritizing and modeling business/data requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous.
- Documenting the requirements in a format that can be shared with stakeholders.
- Ensuring the requirements map to the real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards.
- Engage in open dialogue with individuals and teams from various business functions to understand current processes to assist in choosing the right solutions to meet the organization’s needs;
- Assist in projects planning and to ensure projects are well defined and coordinated.
- Creating project management working documents and artifacts
- Document analytics and data standards and governance standards and best-practices.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
Years of Experience
- Fresh Graduates
- One year of experience in the same field
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Data Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics or a related discipline.
Oral and written professional proficiency in English required;
- Significant Business Analysis experience (Requirements Gathering/ Documentation)
- Good knowledge on project management methodology (Lifecycle, Agile framework)
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of MS Project, Trello or similar programs for Project Management.
- Proficient at writing and delivering business requirement documents and presentations
- Experience in Banking/Financial sector will be an added advantage
- Experience using Agile project methodologies is a plus.
- Experience working with self-service business intelligence platforms such as Power BI will be a plus.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle & associated tools such as Azure DevOps and GitHub will be an added advantage
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with willingness to learn
- Investigative, Researching, Seeing the Big Picture skills
- Facilitation, Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
Please click on the link below, to apply for the vacancy.