Job Title: Food Monitor
Band/ Level / Grade: 9 B
Location: Al Dhale’e – Al Dhale’e
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The Food Monitor will responsible for monitoring, management, and distribution of nutrition commodities under the WFP Grant and any other Nutrition grant that has food distribution aspects. In coordination with Supply chain department, he will also be responsible for stock management and reporting as per donors and IRC best requirements.
Selection, Registration, and Targeting
- In collaboration with the nutrition team (Nutrition officer, nutrition assistant/Midwives…) ensure that the criteria for admission and discharge from the program are followed, the beneficiaries of the project are properly selected, registered.
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements from/to the sub warehouse such as food deliveries, storage, transport, and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged, or suspected to be damaged;
- Oversee the efficient distribution of food items to all areas and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Nutrition Officer and other nutrition staff on the distribution;
- Assist in the conduct of regular meetings with the beneficiaries and stakeholders on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements, and other relevant issues;
- Ensure that all sites/health facilities food distributions are conducted in an orderly accurate and acceptable manner as per IRC, donor, and community standards
- Conduct regular and on spot food basket monitoring to ensure that appropriate quantities of food are provided to beneficiaries as per the mentorship and need.
Field Reports/Shop Reporting
- Do all field reports and complete all the standard distribution forms and submit them to the supervisor.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor the security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment is signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables' store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the S.C Coordinator to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit a report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- BA, BBA, B.Com, BSC in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting
Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to prepare written reports requiring reasoning and precision of expression.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex formal documents and systems and assist others to apply them.
- Strong task management skills including attention to detail.
- Knowledge of office systems, including experience with computer application (e.g. Word, Excel, E-mail, Lotus Notes).Experience in data entry.
- Good English interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Strong data entry skills with knowledge about database management
- To generate different reports related to the data entry & to be fluent in English speaking.
- Familiar with stock management (food commodities) and nutrition report requirement (WFP report mostly)
- At least one year of experience related to food and data handling, as well as record keeping.
- Have the experience of working in emergencies & under pressure & generate reports after filtering data in a specific measurable time.
- Very familiar with fieldwork
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/11160?c=rescue
Deadline for Applying 29 Nov 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.