Ended Warehouse Supervisor
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended.
Duty Station : ADEN
Accountabilities & ResponsibilitiesThe Warehouse Supervisor ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out for a specific product family (e.g. economic security, water and habitat, medical or communication) in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs). S/he organizes and plans the warehouse’s activities
- Ensures that goods are received, stored and dispatched according to procedure; immediately reports any problems or discrepancies.
- Ensures that stock is rotated and picked according to the principles of first-in-first-out and/or first-expired-firstout.
- Ensures that warehouse space is well utilized and makes recommendations for layout changes.
- Ensures that goods are properly segregated within the warehouse.
- Ensures that warehouse regulations are applied.
- Ensures that there is proper pest control and hygiene in the warehouse.
- Records information in the logistics IT system
- Ensures that bin cards and stock cards are kept up to date.
- Provides statistics and other reporting.
- Organizes inventory counts and initiates claim reports.
- Internally, interacts with other logistics staff.
- Externally, interacts with service providers and suppliers
- Technical degree.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- Computer literacy.
Professional Experience Required
- Four years' work experience in a similar field.
- People-management experience.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client-focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com indicating in the subject line: Warehouse Supervisor
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 26.11.2020