Programme Assistant (MHU)
Position : Programme Assistant (MHU)
Organizational Unit : Migration Health Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : SVN2020/145
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Wednesday 25 November 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (MHU) and under the direct supervision of the National Program Officer, the incumbent will support and contribute to support the operations of health the activities of the Migration Health Unit. In particular, she/he will
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the National Program Officer (MH) in planning and implementing migration health daily activities; 2. Support the National Program Officer to monitor the implementation of Migration Health activities and attend field visits as required to control implementation, monitoring of medical store supplies including taking inventory, supporting delivery and supplies to the health facilities.
3. Produce daily and weekly progress reports, provide accurate data analysis and related updates; highlight areas of concern and make recommendations to the National Programme Officer and Senior Programme Coordinator when relevant;
4 Perform and coordinate all administrative functions of the Migration Health Unit, Sana’a, including procurement, recruitment and financial activities.
5. Coordinate internal travel requests, liaise with the relevant units to get all necessary authorizations, assist supervisors on any administrative issues with local government authorities including drafting NV and letters; 6. Promote accountability to the donors; under the guidance of the National Programme Officer, ensure that activities are conducted in line with donor requirements and project documents;
7. Promote gender equality within the team and in the programme implementation;
8. Perform any other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Public Health, Disaster Management, Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with Five Years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in humanitarian operational response and administrative work
- Experience working with implementing partners.
- Experience in coordinating with multiple units and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Posting period: 15 Nov 2020 to 25 Nov 2020