Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Reporting to: Liaison & Security Officer
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Guard), based in Aden, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Liaison & Security Officer, the guard is in charge of ensure the safety of the MdM staff (and their guests), the security of the goods, the quietly and the global hygiene of the building according to MDM rules.
Security & control
- Perform regular rounds around the enclosure MDM premises to prevent any external intrusion.
- Informed as quickly as those in danger in case of intrusion and contacted his supervisor as soon as possible with the available means of communication.
- Open and close the gate for inputs / outputs of individuals or vehicles.
- Check the entry and exit of visitors in the secure area according to MdM rules (permission from MdM responsible, filling entry/Exit book).
- Make sure that nobody enters the enclosure without permission and respect MdM rules (no weapon, registration…).
- Check that the access doors are closed during non- working hours.
- Ensure that no MdM material comes out of the compound without permission from logistician.
- Report any incident occurring during the shift and, in general, report any information relating to the safety of the mission.
- In the end guard for awarding shift, carries a relief information by a physical inspection of the base to be note on notebook. Do not leave the base if the succession not arrived.
- Always wait for the next shift guard before leaving and never leave workplace and the premises unattended for any reason.
- Performs a safety device control so that it is firmly in place (closed doors, lights, fire extinguishers, radios, flashlights, generators, fuel reserves, water ...), and if not, notify the line supervisor.
- Ensure compound maintenance (eg compound cleaning, garden maintenance, garbage management, etc ...)
- Manage the start-up and stop of generator (diesel refuel before each start, check the oil level and record hours of start and stop the generator in the logbook).
- Ensure proper functioning of lighting (replacing defective light) and the portal
- Assist the driver and the team for loading / unloading vehicle.
- Support for various small -time logistics work (arrangement / moving chairs, small furniture or boxes, repairing).
- Be flexible in performing his duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Liaison & Security Officer
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position with INGos.
Other skills required:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent English Skills.
- Diligent attention to detail and safety.
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- End of submission: Monday, 30th November 2020.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates from local governorate are high encouraged to apply.
Thanks to note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.