Ended Data Entry
Position: Data Entry
Location: Dhamar – Al Jawf
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till December 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator in line with the MEAL Officer, the Data Entry Clerk is responsible for reporting and processing data in terms of entering to the agreed-upon computerized system database often from hardcopies or softcopies documents. she/he will ensure that all data collected by project teams are entered into the appropriate database, analyzed and well protected. she/he will also maintain accurate and up to date information regarding project, locations, surveys, indicators, and all program participants and beneficiaries. She/he must have competent IT, data entry skills, and office experience as well as a high level of attention to detail, and effective organizational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal)
Duties and Responsibilities,
Adherence to ADRA’s, donors’, governmental policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of MEAL system.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentiality (especially toward beneficiaries) and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to a beneficiary or to others
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments of the project/organization.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non- discrimination.
Data Management and Team Support:
- Establishing data bases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Compile and enter beneficiaries and project information into databases on regular daily/weekly basis from regularly collected (handwritten) data collection forms and lists of the project; update and revise data when details change.
- Format and clean data collected (by the project/program team) and entered, highlight inconsistencies or errors in data collection and report back to the direct supervisor.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Provide easy to read information with proper formatting and consolidation of accurate and quality data, and report back to the direct supervisor.
- Entering the achievement report for worksite.
- Entering of baseline, midline, end-line, and PDM surveys data collected that come received from field team.
- Prepare the beneficiaries IDs and tokens when requested.
- Assist in the establishment and day-to-day management of databases and monitoring system.
- Assist in the development of databases & formatting documents if needed
- Participate in-field assessments and surveys whenever requested.
- Assist in the process to ensure data is collected and analyzed regularly (with associated reporting) to respond to agreed indicators in a standardized manner.
- Conduct Field visits alongside with the project/program team which may include over nights in the field to conduct an on-going data collection process, interviews with beneficiary households and other stakeholders, and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy.
- Assist the project/program team in collecting success stories, lessons learned photos, and in developing case studies and Msc (Most significant change) for experience sharing internally, with donors and for publication.
Reporting, Communication, and Archiving:
- Assist in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual information management narrative reports
- Manage data for regular monitoring and reporting activities and provide summary analysis for reports.
- Compile activity reports collected from registration team leaders.
- Enter and manage data for assessments and other data collection activities, supporting MEAL team.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan and share with line supervisor and MEAL team.
- Archive files and organize them properly, ensure files are documented according to standards
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- HS/ Diploma degree in IT or any other related field.
- At least 1 years of professional experience working in M&E and Data Management and preferably with INGOs.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience in data collection tools (Kobo and ODK, SPSS…etc,).
- Oral and written English skills is preferred.
- Ability to work in the field and remotely (travel expected to project sites as well as field office coordination).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to write a clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral.
- Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Honest, hardworking, and committed to community development.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environments
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday November 22, 2020
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.