HR & Admin Officer (Re-advertisement)
Position: HR & Admin Officer
Reports to: HR Coordinator
Reference: HR -20-84
Duration: September 30, 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
Under the supervision of Human Resources Coordinator, the Human Resources/ Admin Officer will work on a variety of HR related activities. He/ She will act as a focal point for HR department to provide support and guidance to all RI employees on HR policies and procedures and will make sure all practices are in compliance with rules and regulations. The HR & Admin Officer will work with minimal supervision to achieve best practices in recruitment of talents and make sure new hires are well oriented. He/ She will work on the administration of payroll, leave tracking and advice employees on compensation and benefits enquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all vacancies are filled with the best candidates within the targeted time.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Initiate recruitment process for all types of contracts "regular, fixed term, service contract, consultant and casuals" starting with the advertisement, preparing the long list, conduct written test and interviews, check the references and finalizing the hiring memo.
- Prepare the offer letters and review contracts.
- Conduct inductions and orientation for new staff.
- Ensure updated RI Staff Exit Clearance Form and conduct the exist interview as needed.
- Assist in preparing the mobilization plan for any new project.
- Ensure that all the staff files are complete and up to date.
- Archive soft copies of employees' files using RI box.
- Prepare weekly reports for all HR activities to share them with the HR Coordinator.
- Coordinate events of RI employees and ensures all arrangements are well planned.
- Track performance of new employees during their probation period.
- Acts as a liaison for the performance management review and prepares necessary reports in accordance with RI procedures.
- Administer payroll for casual workers and maintains employee records.
- Update Leave Tracker for all staff and inform them monthly about the leaves balance.
- Keep updated staff organogram and share it with the HR Coordinator on monthly basis.
- Manage Medical Insurance and ensure that all staff have medical insurance, contact medical insurance representative for any issue.
- Advise management and staff on a wide range of HR related matters. Follow daily attendance and monthly time sheets for regular staff and follow up the staff members to complete them.
- Make sure the office and guest house utilities are well managed and properly maintained.
- Ensure that all team staff understand and are able to perform their roles effectively.
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Training and Development:
- Update the training tracking regularly, scan all certificates and keep soft and hard copy in the personal files.
- Manage the online trainings for the staff.
External relationships Management
- Represent Relief International in inter agencies meetings and at Governorate level meetings with government officials.
- Liaise with local/government authorities (SCMCHA, GHO etc) and participate in meetings and assemblies initiated by local government, NGOs, other stakeholders and communities.
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- Minimum Three years of experience in a human resources position preferably with INGOs.
- Experience in liaison and coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude
- Excellent computer skills (MS office)
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of November 30, 2020 with the vacancy reference Subject: HR/20/84 + Applicant Full Name.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted