Fleet & Stock Assistant
Vacancy Announcement – Fleet & Stock Assistant -Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Fleet & Stock Assistant
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 4 months
- Monitor South/Al Dhalee movements of ACTED fleet;
- To liaise with the Head of Fleet/Logistics officers in the bases as appropriate on matters relating to County transport policies and procedures;
- Track movements between bases and contact vehicles at pre-determined points (according to road map);
- GPS Monitoring and tracking;
- Manage vehicle registration and insurance documents to ensure they are up-to-date;
- Maintain vehicle schedules between bases, head office and locations of work;
- Follow up with base requirements for fleet needs;
- Liaise with supplier for maintenance requirements and vehicle records;
- Ensure development and correct implementation of maintenance plans to ensure vehicles meet ACTED safety standards;
- To develop arrangements for the replacement of vehicles if needed and draw up specifications for new vehicles;
- Using ACTED database system, input vehicle fuel usage and monitor reporting of vehicle fuel consumption;
- Ensure vehicles are replaced by the supplier when taken for maintenance or servicing and the new vehicles are equipped with necessary car tools/equipment;
- Monitor movement of staff within ACTED vehicles, maintain vehicle passenger lists per journey;
- Ensure staff arriving and departing in and out of the country have a driver present on their arrival/departure;
- Propose improvements in the existing transport processes, systems and tools;
- Be responsible to implement the pick and drop scheduling of staff from and to prescribed destinations;
- Manage logbooks in each vehicle and submit originals to Audit on a monthly basis;
- Collect monthly vehicle checklists, verify their accuracy, and work with drivers to correct any problems;
- Manage relations with vehicle rental company and manage vehicle rentals as necessary for project Operations;
- Maintain proper inventory of all components of vehicles, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently;
- Prepare services requisitions for repair and maintenance at the appropriate shops (garages);
- Maintain working relationships with vehicle Rental Company and liaise with them regularly on vehicle repairs to ensure repairs are appropriate and done thoroughly.
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse are raised to management;
- Complete the monthly fuel reports.
Management of Drivers
- To appoint and supervise the drivers;
- Maintain monthly driver schedules, to be prepared before the start of the coming month and shared with logistics, drivers and bases, once confirmed to be share with HR department who will maintain OT per route;
- Responsible for accurate cars’ logbooks and clean drivers’ OT sheets;
- Follow up with drivers for daily schedule, follow up with shift requirements and possible last-minute changes;
- To ensure that all drivers are aware of the necessary daily and weekly checking procedures and that they are properly implemented;
- Monitoring of drivers’ Attendance sheets
- Act as the line manager to transport personnel, evaluate employee performance, allocate and rotate appropriate work assignments, develop training plans;
- Oversee recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates in traffic rules, signage, signaling, and practical driving.
Budgets Controlling and Monitoring
- Assist the AC/DAC/CLM to check and process transport accounts for payment;
- Assist the AC/DAC/CLM to monitor expenditure on transport services against budget estimates;
- Track repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair processes;
- Assist the AC/DAC/CLM to allocate driving fines.
- Maintain monthly reports on fleet movements according to dispatch log book;
- Monthly fuel consumption report to be checked according to vehicle logbooks and dispatch vehicle monitoring reports;
- Check driver OT sheet against the movement report to validate driver OT;
- Maintain a box filing system for each vehicle that stores all information, like; insurance; registration documents servicing/repairs and accident reports, logbooks sheets and other relevant documents.
- The Stock Keeper should be familiar with all procedure of stocks and as well as administrative procedures;
- Be familiar with ways of organizing a stock, based on technical requirements or storage norms;
- Create a proper filling prior to reception of the items of each project, this should follow ACTED Logistic dept. standard filling;
- The Stock Keeper is responsible for full documentation of all IN and OUT of the goods;
- Make sure that when receiving goods there is a signed reception or waybill. To be kept in a stock file;
- Make sure that there is the Stock exit for each item OUT, after proper authorization of the exit of stocks;
- Make sure that there is a Waybill OUT when materials are sent to the field;
- Make sure that the stock exit number is indicated in the stock cards, in order to have the cross-referencing process active;
- Arrange Storage Quality Control Report (SQCR), get it signed from all concern and send it to Log officer/Manager on the same day;
- Arrange quality check for each item on the same day of materials reception in the warehouse;
- Arrange labors for kits preparation, loading and offloading of materials from/in the warehouse;
- Inform supplier via email for his rejected materials on the same day;
- Use labels for all items in the stock, for better identification of materials. (e.g Project code, donor name….)
- Make sure to prepare weekly/monthly reports and present them to logistic dept. by 5Th of each month for monthly while every Thursday for weekly;
- Keep a record of all reports he is supposed to send or if he is asked to prepare;
- Keep the warehouse clean all time;
- The stock keeper is fully responsible for the loss, theft and damage of any item/goods in warehouse. He is also responsible to recover the loss;
- He needs to keep all new or old samples in the proper way with complete in/out documentary record along with reporting to area office on weekly basis;
- Keep the record of disposed of/auctioned items;
- Keep a physical and documentary record of all inventory items;
- Carry out regular physical/documentary checks of all inventories once after every 3 months.
Quality and Hygiene
- Make sure that the items received in his stocks are properly quality controlled, such as the expiry date and the item quality itself is checked by project manager or anyone who is nominated to do so;
- Should there be any quality issue the logistics officer has to be alerted on time;
- He is the main person in-charge of keeping the goods in good status and quality;
- The Stock Keeper is in-charge of keeping a good hygienic environment in stock. Should there be any evidence of mice, insects… he is to inform the logistician to take immediate action and on time in order to eradicate them;
- The Stock Keeper should be aware of storage standards and how to keep different items in stock.
- Upon arrival to duty station has to check and make sure that stock is secure together with Logistician;
- This is the Stock Keeper’s job to alert the logistician should there be any type of security risk to the safety of stocks.
- Ensure observance of road safety standards; ensure project vehicles are used in accordance with established rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded;
- Ensure essential emergency contact information including phone numbers, frequencies, and call signs are posted in vehicles and are available to staff arriving in- country;
- Ensure secure materials and envelops movement between bases and organizing the Waybill files for relevant bases.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or related subject;
- At least one year of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Very good English skills, both oral and written;
- Computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover letter in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Fleet & Stock Assistant;
- Candidates must rename your CV letter & cover letter as: First & Last name+ Fleet & Stock Assistant;
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 30 November 2020.
- Candidates from Aldhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification