Position: Finance Officer
Reports to: Officer Coordinator-Shabwa and technical support from Finance Coordinator Aden
Duration: One Year with probation period of three months.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide financial review within delegated thresholds, ensures (PRs, POs, Contracts, CBAs, etc.) are processed in accordance with RI’s and applicable donors’ policies, procedures.
- Review and check payments' supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness before transaction is approved for payment. Ensure reviewing day to day financial payment vouchers prepared by Finance Assistants, and ensure proper/accurate recording of vouchers in the accounting system (NetSuite).
- Directs the activities of the field office’s accounting staff ensuring the completion of all accounting activities and reporting to meet RI and donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly cash and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure full adherence to monthly closing deadlines, and prepare/manage the adjustment entries as required to be recorded in the accounting system (NetSuite).
- Ensures that financial transactions are classified/coded, recorded and summarized properly.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of financial statements and documentation.
- Ensure all accruals are processed and booked in the system on monthly basis. Ensure Monitors Field Office disbursements ensuring that expenses are incurred within the approved budget and any award restrictions.
- Assist the finance coordinator - South in the preparation of any periodic financial reports.
- Ensures compliance with RI SoPs, procurement, field Accounting, donor and audit requirements and procedures.
- Monitors the financial aspects of sub grant agreements of partner organizations.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Assist Field Office & Country Office finance teams during internal & external audit, donor specific audit, and any authorized third party review of financial records. Monitors Field Office disbursements ensuring that expenses are incurred within the approved budget and any award restrictions.
- Provides timely support to the program & support teams on appropriate budget and allocation basis. Maintain effective communication with team within the finance department.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Finance/Audit preferably with NGO/ INGO.
- Work in multi-cultural, multi-national context is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions
- Writing/drafting skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to train and educate other people
- Familiarity with business principles and practices
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to Aden.firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of November 30 for submitting their application with the vacancy reference subject :HR/20/92.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.