Duty station [Mocha]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
Finance and accounting
• Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
• Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
• Prepare monthly cash counts
• Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
• Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
• Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports
• Follows a given work plan
• Routine record keeping
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
• Ensure all expenses enter the DRC accounting system in time and of highest quality
• Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies
• Check invoices, activity and account coding and prepare vouchers.
•Implement and manage all aspects of daily accounting operations. And ensure that all supporting documents are prepared and submitted in accordance with approved procedures.
• Verify that purchases have appropriate authorization and are signed by authorized team member.
• Assist Admin and Finance Officer in the closure of accounts at the end of month.
• Provide technical financial and administrative support to field staff.
• Support in the implementation of financial policies and procedures.
• Support logistics in preparing monthly asset lists.
• Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or/and paid on time.
• Act as cashier for payments to be processed and carry out cash distributions to the beneficiaries
• Monitor cash transfers and payments.
• Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
• Support financial report preparations
• Submit progress and status reports
DRC Dynamics ERP System
• Ensure that all expenditures are booked via DRC Dynamics.
• Ensure ERP finance functionalities are properly used by concerned staff and team has proper knowledge and access to information to use DRC Dynamics
• Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in area of concern
Experience and technical competencies:
- Applicants must have Yemeni nationality (candidates from Mocha & Khokha are highly recommended to apply).
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to sub-base office in Khokha when required
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- Other tasks as assigned
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Base Manager
- Finance Team Leader
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract that ends on December 31, 2021 renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place: Mocha with visits to Khokha office
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (NMI).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close November 30, 2020.
“due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and DRC reserve the right to close this advert even before the confirmed closing date when we receive sufficient application”.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo