Ended Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator (Consortium)
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: Till June 30, 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The MEAL Coordinator will work with the consortium partners to coordinate the systematic and standardized collection, analysis, and interpretation of the project’s performance results and geographic information from the project’s targeted implementation areas ,and to develop methods and systems required to meet the deliverables required.
The “Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Developing the consortium MEAL plan and ensure its proper implementation
- Ensure that the baseline surveys and endline surveys are conducted appropriately by the consortium partners according to the donor guidelines
- Oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the project, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Lead the on-going development of an M&E system and tools to enable all projects to collect, aggregate and support analysis of data, in order to meet all relevant reporting requirements and to facilitate and inform project management.
- Responsible for the design, quality, and final deliverables of all evaluation reports and any evaluations, assessments, surveys, and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Consolidate the consortium partners quarterly reporting on their project achievements in order to compile it into one quarterly report that will be submitted to the donor
- Provide MEAL technical expertise and training to the consortium management and to the consortium partners
- Promote the principles and practices of beneficiary accountability, providing training and coaching in beneficiary feedback and other good practices as required
- Ensure that the consortium partners have a complaints and feedback mechanism and regularly monitor and evaluate its implementation.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree is a must / Master’s degree is preferred in Development, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Administration, or relevant fields is required.
- More Than 5 years work experience in MEAL supervisory positions with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO.
- Good experience in reporting and MEAL management, including project design, surveys, data analysis, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors
- Coordinate meetings and share information with external stakeholders.
- Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding.
- Excellent English writing and spoken skills.
- Experience managing teams and resources
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using SPSS, Data Management and Analysis applications, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Monday November 23, 2020
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.