Finance Coordinator (Consortium)
Finance Coordinator (Consortium)
Position: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: Till June 30, 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Actively contributes to achieving operational efficiency by ensuring accuracy and timeliness in carrying out the financial management and finance consolidation of the project consortium.
The “Finance Coordinator” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Consolidate the financial reports of the project consortium partners into one financial report that will be submitted to the donor
- Review the consortium partners quarterly forecasts and consolidate them into one forecast that will be submitted to the donor
- Monitor the project cash flow and ensure that the consortium partners submit their fund requests on time
- Facilitate funds request and transfers to replenish the partner bank accounts
- Ensure that the consortium partners are implementing their internal policies and procedures in line with the donor’s requirements and that proper internal controls are in place
- Coordinate internal and external audits for the partners and is fully responsible for planning, field visits if necessary, and working closely with the auditors until completion of the audit
- Review the consortium partners ledgers and supporting documents to ensure that all transactions are properly documented and posted properly to their respective budget line
- Receives bimonthly cash count reports for filling or verification
- Coordinate any project budget revisions needed
- In charge of all financial aspects related to project close out
Logistics and Procurement
- Follow up with consortium partners procurement teams to ensure procurement plans are in place for all projects and procurement timelines are met and adhered to
- Ensure that financial and procurement procedures are adhered to especially in tenders
- Ensure that regular Asset/Inventory count and verification is conducted by the consortium partners
- Consolidates staff and supplier names on a quarterly basis for anti-terrorism certification at ADRA HQ.
Other related responsibilities
- In charge of all aspects of Risk Management within the project consortium
- Provide financial inputs to the consortium management team and to the consortium partners on Finance Policies, Procurement Policies, HR Policies and other areas of administration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking or any Finance, Business or accounting related degree.
- Certification or accreditation (CPA, ACCA, etc.) is an added advantage.
- At least 5 (Five) years of progressive employment in accounting or finance positions, preferably in humanitarian agencies
- Nil absences during the past year during official organizational working hours other than those coordinated with the direct supervisor.
- Documentary evidence of undertakings
- Accuracy and timeliness in carrying out scheduled tasks
- Timely submission of monthly project performance summary
- On time and consistent attendance record.
- Honesty and integrity in all work activities.
Other Valued Criteria:
- Willingness and flexibility to work as part of a team.
- Social and cultural understanding.
- Good numeric comprehension.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email software programs.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Fluent in English required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning and organizing.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.