Ended Procurement /Logistic Assistant
Position: Procurement/Logistics Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till end of March 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance.
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Procurement Logistic Assistant will help to prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will be responsible for building and controlling the ADRA’s database of contractors and suppliers.
The Procurement\ Logistic Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Coordinate with Project Manager to initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary according to the ADRA Yemen procurement policy and work through procurement project plan.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through quotation analysis, purchase requests and purchase orders according to ADRA procurement policy.
- Ensure that items are received at field level and documentations are organized properly
- Quick response to the emergency procurement requisitions including daily procurement process.
- Process all Procurement Requests for goods and procurement up to Purchase Order and/or Contract stage.
- Ensure cost-effective for all procurement carried on, and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Prepare procurement contract and submit it to the Project Manager for approval as requested.
- Ensure proper and easy access archiving system for all procurement cases.
- Update the Procurement Tracker on daily basis and to ensure sequence numbering is properly shared with the team in the project along with a timely update of the tracker.
- Follow-up with the finance team section and vendors, as needed.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Deliver all items and goods to the warehouse.
- Ensure compliance with ADRA’s and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise and schedule the drivers and vehicles to coordinate between them and avoid the conflict of interest.
- Provide technical assistance when required and update inventory and allocation of assets on weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with ADRA standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the programs and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- Submit detailed records of purchases by filling the procurement tracker.
- Ensure that the monthly Bills are paid regularly.
- Insure to use all ADRA forms to maintain using the complete process.
- Follow up all the steps of the policy and read it carefully before applying any work.
- Follow up with all utilities bills like water, internet, electricity etc.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by his /her project manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of one years’ experiences in a similar position.
- Good English skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good in MS Office application
- Preferred to be from the same governorate
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Monday November 23, 2020
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.