Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: PROJECT ASSISTANT (M&E)
- Organizational Unit: CCCM-SNFI-WASH
- Duty Station: Yemen, Mokha
- IOM Classification: M4
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2022.030
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Wednesday, 25 MAY 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Field programmes Coordinator, in close coordination with all programmatic focal points in the Sub Office, the successful candidate will assist with monitoring, data gathering and analysis, of IOM’s programmes implemented by the sub office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Under the guidance of field programmes Coordinator support the implementation of M&E activities at the project sites in close coordination with M&E Program Assistants in Marib, according to the programme goals and objectives: CCCM, SNFI and WASH.
2. Assist with organizing and monitoring data collection activities.
3. Go on regular field missions to gather data and provide technical assistance on reporting in relevant locations of implementation.
4. Support the relevant units to document the process and activities of on-going projects such as capturing case stories for donor reports, website and newsletters based on M&E activities in the project sites.
5. Support CFM team in tracking all complaints and feedback in the database and verify records are up to date to generate regular and ad-hoc reports.
6. Support CFM team in answering, processing, and responding to complaints and guiding beneficiaries that seek help through IOM hotlines and other Community Feedback Mechanisms (CFMs).
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Science/Public Relation/Economics/Development Studies/ International Relations or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum Four Years of Experience (Two for Bachelor’s Degree holders)
- Operational experience in the field in IDP/refugee and migration related issues, including technical cooperation, project development and project/programme implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance programming an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently to required governorates.
- Good knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programmes in the IDP humanitarian responses, post conflict construction and development.
- Familiarity with financial management and good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
Languages: English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
- action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Posting period: 12 MAY 2022 to 25 MAY 2022
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IOM
Programme Assistant (RCCE & Hygiene Promotion - WASH)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (WASH. COMMUNITY MOBILIZER)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Junior Project Assistant (WASH/HYGIENE PROMOTION)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (WASH)Deadline:25 May | Ma'rib
Field Assistant (WASH)Deadline:25 May | Ma'rib