Research Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Research Manager
Job Site: Aden
Application Closing Date: 2021-07-25 at 23:59
Duration of Contract: 1 year (extendable based on performance and funding availability)
About DeepRoot Consulting
DeepRoot is a consulting firm passionate about Yemen’s development and devoted to anchoring interventions in a deep understanding of international best practices and the country’s unique local and national contexts. We combine our wide network of international development experts with local consultants who have knowledge and expertise in the realities of Yemen, to ensure that the services we provide to our clients always stem from “on the ground” knowledge. DeepRoot has provided its services to a number of international donors and international organizations, including the World Bank, the Delegation of the European Union to Yemen, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands among others.
DeepRoot actively works on advancing inclusive, sustainable solutions to a range of political, economic, and development issues in Yemen. With a wide network of researchers and analysts across Yemen, DeepRoot has extensive experience in providing platforms for dialogue on peacebuilding, producing in-depth analysis on socio-economic issue, and designing and delivering development programs that have concrete value to citizens across Yemen.
The successful applicant will be responsible for designing and managing action-oriented research to identify community needs and opportunities for collaboration to deliver services and encourage dialogue among conflict parties across Yemen. The Research and Analysis unit will support the design of the interventions to be funded through the Yemen Stability Fund.
- Develop research plans that align with the fund annual plans and activities;
- Manage scoping activities to identify geographic areas of focus for the fund;
- Lead design efforts to map potential local implementers and assess their capacity;
- Identify the most suitable research tools based on geographical context, intervention areas and timing;
- Design research methodology and tools;
- Support the Research Specialist effort to train field enumerators on research methods and tools;
- Manage the execution of the research activities and collaborate with the Research Specialist to ensure the quality of research outputs;
- Support the Research Specialist in analyzing research results;
- Lead design the of fund interventions concept notes with input from the fund management and vetted Technical Experts based on research finding;
- Lead the implementation and update of systems conflict analysis, GESI assessment and stakeholder mapping;
- Support the development of fund reports and lessons learnt to be shared with the donor; and
- Deliver any other research related activities that are identified by the fund or DeepRoot management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field is required,
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing research activities in Yemen,
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills,
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks and delivering on priorities,
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge working on peacebuilding and/or stabilization projects.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل