Project Coordinator Support
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
Location: Mokha - Hospital
Contract type: Temporary Contract - Renewable
Reporting to: Field Coordinator
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging.
- Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
- Participate in monitoring and reporting of security and operating context and contribute to analysis.
- Outreach support
- In close coordination with PC, assist the outreach activities to monitor security, organise required movement permissions, local networking and ensure that activities are performed in accordance with the safety measures identified.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts for the activities with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details. Ensure that they are shared with PC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable: Management experience
- English and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Applications must be in English language. Candidates MUST submit a Cover Letter and CV. Only Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Please send your application to email@example.com or bring it to the CV Box at MSF hospital in Mocha
and please in the subject of the application specify “Project Coordinator Support- Mocha”
Deadline for application: 24th November 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-B (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-B.