Community Center Coordinator
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a ,Almahweet, Aden and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Community Center Coordinator.
Number of Vacancy: (1)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Place: Al Qanawis/ Al Hudaydah
Position type: Full time – contract.
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: November 18th 2020.
Closing Date: November 24th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume overall management of Field Office and hierarchical management of teams working in the field. Provide leadership and performance management for all community center direct reports.
- Monitor the humanitarian context within in the area of intervention, identify needs and gaps in response and contribute to the development of an appropriate intervention strategy.
- Communicate with different project stakeholders
- Contribute to project design for programs to be implemented in the area of intervention and ensure that funded programs are delivered according to grant requirements, on time and within budget
- Ensure close coordination between all departments in the office and contribute to and monitor progress of internal work plans.
- Ensure that program monitoring systems are in place, conduct field monitoring visits and participate in regular reviews of program progress visits.
- Produce high quality, analytical reports in English on monthly basis, highlighting challenges and proposed solutions with respect to human rights and protection, health and safety, equity and other relevant policies.
- Represent SDF to local authorities, members of the humanitarian community, media and in civil society forums so that its impartiality is not being compromised.
- Coordinate program activities with relevant stakeholders in impact areas.
- Ensure that existing finance, logistics and HR guidelines and related administrative procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure optimal security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the security situation, adapting staff safety procedures accordingly.
- Comply with all relevant SDF policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least a Bachelor in relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience as project coordinator, multi-sector approach experience preferred. Technical background in protection and shelter - related project.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular proficiency with MS Office tools is a must).
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management models.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems.
- Willingness to accept basic living standards and frequent field missions.
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others.
- Excellent reporting skills in both Arabic & English languages. Ability to create lists & tables line manager, head of a unit/department or to donor.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here.
not later than November 24th, Nov 2020.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
. Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.