Senior Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Band/ Level / Grade: 7B
Department: Operations/Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Aden
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
As a key member of the Supply Chain team, the role of Senior Supply Chain Manager is to assist the Supply Chain Coordinator in management of IRC supply chain processes and procedures through managing, training, and ongoing communication and development of the capacity of the Supply Chain team. Primary objective of this position is to manage fleet, inventory and shipping, assets and facilities in Aden and provide technical support to Supply Chain staff and Field Managers based in Sana’a and sub-field offices.
- Ensure adherence to IRC policies and procedures for fleet, warehouse, and assets.
- Ensure compliance with policies to be documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and Supply Chain records.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Promptly inform Supply Chain Coordinator and Deputy Director Operations of any areas of concern for potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- Ensure there are no negative audit observations/findings related to his/her sub-departments. If required, corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
- Ensure that all IRC Yemen practices are compliant with global IRC and donor policies (USG, EU, UN, SV, DFID etc.), Yemeni Government regulations and legislation.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Ensure inventory management system is in place for all warehouses and continuous up-to-date records of inventory levels, receipts and dispatches are maintained. Submit end-of-month pharma and non-pharma inventory lists to Supply Chain Coordinator on monthly basis.
- Ensure files are available in hard copies and accessible in sequential order and digital records are also maintained.
- Ensure all warehouses are using pre-printed stock cards and bin cards.
- Ensure Warehouse Registers and Authorization to Receive and Release are available and updated for all warehouses.
- Ensure warehouse cleaning schedule is in place, all warehouse are well maintained, and safety and security measures are in place.
- Manage warehouse facility selection, when required. Manage initial set-up and organize move of supplies, if applicable.
- Ensure designated space is available to store samples received from suppliers. Ensure warehouse staff is in continuous communication with procurement team on specifications and anticipated time of delivery for supplies. Ensure delivered supplies are checked against specifications and samples by the warehouse staff and no alternative quality or damaged goods are accepted.
- Review inventory reports from all warehouses on weekly basis and advise relevant departments on possible stock-outs. Share inventory lists with departments on weekly basis as required.
- Ensure program teams provide distribution plans to organize timely dispatch and use of supplies for intended purpose. Minimize and eliminate inventory on closed grants and expired inventory.
- Ensure all requirements are in place for pharma storage, including temperature control, regular temperature-taking, alternative source of power, cold chain and access to restricted supplies. Ensure FIFO methodology is applied to release of drugs from the warehouse.
- Manage regular spot checks, physical cycle counting and conduct warehouse inspections on regular basis. Ensure fully signed cycle counting and fiscal year end counting reports are available and submitted to Supply Chain Coordinator. Address and resolve any discrepancies in the inventory records and actual counts.
- Manage any donation of supplies received, providing necessary inputs to finance department to record the CIK.
- Manage disposal of any damaged, expired or any inventory no longer useful to IRC. Ensure fully approved Disposal Certificates are available before the actual disposal.
- Prepare end-of-grant donor inventory reports, when requested.
Asset and Property Management:
- Ensure centralized asset management system is in place and continuous up-to-date records of all assets are maintained. Submit end-of-month asset list to Supply Chain Coordinator on monthly basis.
- Ensure hard copy pre-numbered Asset Register is maintained and all details of assets (ID number, cost, location, user and grant purchased) are recorded properly. Ensure staff in charge of assets is in continuous communication with procurement team to obtain procurement documents to include in asset files.
- Ensure assets are tagged when received and no asset is issued without a tag and relevant record in the Asset register.
- Ensure equipment issue forms are used to document any transfer of asset from store to user.
- Ensure all IRC staff understand IRC Asset Management Policies and are aware of their individual responsibilities.
- Conduct asset spot checks on quarterly basis. Investigate and address any gaps in records.
- Act on reports of damage, loss, robbery etc. and ensure relevant disposal documents are drafted. Immediately inform Supply Chain Coordinator and grants unit for the purpose of further action and donor reporting.
- Manage end of fiscal year asset and property verification in all IRC sites and send complete report to Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Manage and follow up on maintenance and repair of damaged assets.
- Manage and ensure assets are disposed of when they are no longer useful.
- Prepare donor asset reports, when requested.
Fleet and Transport Management
- Ensure implementation of IRC standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Develop local vehicle policy in coordination with Supply Chain Coordinator /DDO.
- Ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements. Ensure daily/weekly/monthly checks are carried out and records are available in sequential order.
- Ensure drivers are briefed about IRC policies and advice on internal and external trainings. Conduct internal trainings for drivers.
- Ensure weekly movement plans are in place and shared on weekly basis.
- Ensure that fleet is well maintained at all times and records are available.
- Ensure standard filing system for all vehicles is available and accessible.
- Ensure monthly vehicle usage reports are drafted and review for accuracy before submitting to SC Coordinator. Analyze cost and utilization and advice on increase or decrease of number of vehicles in country program.
- Ensure fuel records for generator and vehicles are up to date and available, fuel stock is matching with consumption. Ensure sufficient fuel stock is available in IRC premises for IRC usage.
- Manage communication with the contracted vehicle rental supplier and address any issues or delays in service. Provide performance evaluation, when applicable.
- Ensure facilities including IRC office and guesthouses are clean with cleaning schedule in place, and all are well maintained, safety and security measures are in place.
- Manage new facility identification and selection, when required. Manage initial set-up, if applicable.
- Work closely with Logistics Cluster and transportation service provider(s) to ensure cargo is received and dispatched to respective field sites in a timely manner.
- Seek security clearance for transportation of project materials from relevant authorities’ as required or liaise with relevant staff members within IRC.
- Work closely with both Procurement Manager in Aden and Senior Supply Chain Officer in Sana’a to ensure efficient and cost effective delivery of project materials to north and south.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Warehouse Staff, Fleet staff, Asset staff, Facility management staff
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, HR & Administration, Program staff, Finance, Grants, Field support staff.
External: Vendors and service providers.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, required. Degree, diploma or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Drug Management or related field strongly preferred.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in humanitarian Supply Chain & Logistics. INGO experience Preferred.
- Familiarity with drug inventory management and medical supply chain principles.
- Ability to roll out Supply Chain policies and SOPs.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain Procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Willingness to participate and contribute as a team member, under challenging working conditions.
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service-oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility. Energetic, with great networking and communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – Very good MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Working Environment: Based in Aden, required to travel to field offices in North and South
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: December 2, 2020. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of 2 December, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.