Nutrition Officer (2)
Job Title: Nutrition officer (2) Positions
Duty Station: ADEN
Salary Level: First step
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in ADEN and will report to the Nutrition manager. The person will be responsible for managing IMC’s Nutrition team based in AL-Dhalee,Lahj and all Nutrition programming across the field sites and for ensuring implementation of the project in accordance with the IMC set standards and protocols..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme Planning, Management and Development:
- Provide support on a daily running of the nutrition site at both health facility and Mobile teams, providing Out Patient Therapeutic Program and Targeted therapeutic feeding program services.
- Ensure that CMAM nutrition protocols\guidelines per Yemen protocols are respected AND strictly adhered to, such as admission, discharge criteria, referral system and follow up of defaulter cases.
- Work closely with the Medical personnel for proper and timely referral for SAM cases with medical complications in established stabilization Centers available in the area.
- Supervise and support the nutrition health facility workers in implementing OTP, TSFP and IYCF services.
- On job capacity building of the nutrition health workers in management of acute malnutrition both SAM and MAM at health facility and Mobile teams, working at community level.
- Weekly and monthly planning of the nutrition activities, sharing with the Nutrition Manager, field coordinator and the logistic department, to ensure smooth running of the program.
- Coordination and representation of IMC in district nutrition cluster meetings, in absence of the Nutrition Manager.
- Responsible for appropriate requisition of all the program supplies and ensure proper record keeping adhere to IMC logistics procedures, accountability policies and preventing spoilage and stock out.
- Provide nutrition weekly and monthly updates\reports to the Nutrition Manager.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to: Nutrition senior -Manager
Directly supervise: Nutrition assistance
This position demands a highly organized and dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding environment.
Human Resources and Capacity Building
- First level university degree in medicine, nursing, midwife and medical assistants with experience in Nutrition.
- Desirable: Advanced training in facility-based management of severe malnutrition, nutrition surveillance and communications.
Professional experience and knowledge
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the field of nutrition.
- Good knowledge of the processes and approaches concerning nutrition issues; knowledge of the operations of the national governments in the area of nutrition and health.
- Good Knowledge of nutrition activities particularly in management of acute malnutrition, growth monitoring and nutrition surveillance system.
- Experience/training in organizing and executing nutrition programs.
- Ability to interact with health and nutrition professionals at various level.
- Fluent in English and the local language
- Communicating in a credible and effective manner: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Ensuring effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with IMC’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
To apply, please send your CV to the following email:
To be considered, please mention the Job Title in the Subject Field of your email