Level: 5 (E)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Marib:
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Project coordinator /Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional): Activity Manager / Project Medical Referent/ Medical Coordinator
Job Family: Medical
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participatingin the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
- According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the newborn, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventionsSupervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point. 1 BEmONC = basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care = Administration of antibiotics, oxytocics, anticonvulsants, manual removal of the placenta, removal of retained products following abortion, assisted vaginal delivery, preferably with vacuum extractor and newborn care including neonatal resuscitation. 2 CEmONC = comprehensive obstetric and neonatal care = the full package of BEmONC Plus; surgery (caesarean section, hysterectomy, laparatomy), safe blood transfusion and care to sick and low birth weight newborns
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- You will work in different (mobile) primary health care clinics / places
Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery
Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related job. Experience in midwifery with MSF is desirable
Essential, mission language; local working language would be an asset.
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- All applicants should submit all documents in English. letter (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card, previous work certificate, and a valid Midwifery License from Medical council to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant must put “Midwife “ in the subject line.
- Do NOT send your application as a message or attach it as a google doc link.
- Only Word and PDF format would be considered.
- Only English application would be considered (CV and Cover letter).
- Your document should be named as followed: Full name _Position applied.
- Do NOT send more than one email.
Failure to follow the above instructions will result in rejection of your candidacy.
Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test.
Closing date: 25 November 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date