Mobile Health Activity Manager
Title: MOBILE HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER
Code: MM01110 B
Level: 10 (E)
MOBILE HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Marib:
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical):
Reports to (Functional): Project Medical Referent/ Medical Coordinator
Job Family: Project Medical Referent/ Medical Coordinator
Supervises (Function): Medical and Paramedical
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all mobile health activities to support health programs (HIV/TB, population displacement, epidemics…), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure quality medical care for patients and their communities and to improve the health condition of the population
- Together with the Medco and the Logco, identifying the needs of the mobile health support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the appropriate MSF strategy and the mobile health activities and its budget. Performing initial data collection and establishing base line criteria, analysing data and mapping the potential problems (e.g. sample collection, adherence problems, difficulty in pharmacy management, etc.)
- Supervising the mobile health activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the monitoring tools and coordinating the implementation of the mobile health activities according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate support to the target population. Collecting and analysing data and documenting the lessons learned
- Ensuring continuous networking and active search for partners (e.g. MoH, specialized commercial firms or non-profit organization) to guarantee the achievement of mobile Health deployment through partnership with one or several other actors.
- In close coordination with the project biomedical service, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, motivation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, statistical report, etc.) and reporting problematic situations and cases with the Medical Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator in order to help with decision making and resolution of problems
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- You will work in different (mobile) primary health care clinics / places.
Medical or paramedical background
- Previous experience in similar position required
- Previous experience with MSF or similar organisation in the field
Local languages and mission language essential
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- All applicants should submit all documents in English. letter (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card, previous work certificate and a valid Nursing License by email to: email@example.com
- Applicant must put “Mobile Health Activity Manager “ in the subject line.
- Do NOT send your application as a message or attach it as a google doc link.
- Only Word and PDF format would be considered.
- Only English application would be considered (CV and Cover letter).
- Your document should be named as followed: Full name _Position applied.
- Do NOT send more than one email.
Failure to follow the above instructions will result in rejection of your candidacy.
Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test.
Closing date: 25 November 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date