Position: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Operation Coordinator
Duration: One Year with probation period of three months.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
Procurement Officer is responsible for running the day-to-day procurement and supply chain aspects for the various RI projects at the area office and field offices level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with program and finance teams to deliver successful programs in compliance with RI and Donor regulations.
- Manage all procurement for the project, including purchase orders, contracts for goods and services and travel.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurements; ensure accurate paperwork and supply chain in compliance with donor requirements and as described in RI’s field procurement manual. Ensure procurement records systems are well managed and maintained.
- Establish and maintain pipeline of supplies to the project sites and oversee the logistical aspects of operations.
- Process and maintain service contracts.
- Liaise with finance to ensure compliance and payment schedules.
- Implement RI standards in respect to inventory control, procurement standards and other operational aspects.
- Monitor/Analyze spending and inventory control.
- Develop and implement in coordination with the finance department all PO/Purchase Request policies and procedures.
- Identify, interview and qualify potential new suppliers.
- Develop/Deliver purchasing and Inventory reports-bids proposals and requirements documents.
- Monitor suppliers, service providers and/or contractors performance to ensure quality.
- Support general logistics, assets and warehousing as needed and ensure all aspects of logistics operations are in compliance with donor and RI policies.
- Any other duties as directed by the line supervisor/management.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- University degree of similar in Supply Chain Management or a comparable discipline.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in administrative or operational support functions with an international humanitarian organization.
- Experience in emergency response.
- Solid knowledge of practical operational and procurements procedures and experience maintaining supply pipelines.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com before midnight of December 02 for submitting their application with the vacancy reference subject :HR/20/93.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.