Position: MEAL Officer
Reports to: Project Manage/MEAL Coordinator
Duration: One Year with probation period of three months.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the MEAL Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of project activities. The MEAL Officer will maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and assist in proposing strategies to increase data use.
• Assist in clarifying project information needs.
• Create a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
• Define and implement key project performance.
• Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of project activities.
• Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
• Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, and data flow chart).
• Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or information resources.
• Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results.
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
• Ensure high quality M&E reports are submitted on time.
• Establish log frames, work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
• Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
• Perform other relevant tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in information and data management.
• Advanced skills in data management (Advance Access/Excel) and capacity in info graphics software.
• Minimum 2 years of previous experience in managing data and/or M&E in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
• Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
• Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
• Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
• Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data.
• Strong understanding of humanitarian programming and reporting.
• Confident in interactions with other members of the team – eg. Able to be demanding / correctional of more senior staff.
• Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
• Takes a proactive approach to problem solving and work prioritization.
• Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out things and expanding own knowledge
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to Aden.firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of December 02 for submitting their application with the vacancy reference subject :HR/20/94.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.