Position: Nutrition Assistant
Reports to: Nutrition Officer
Duration: 01st December,20 to 31st March,21
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Officer, The Nutrition Assistant at district level will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The Nutrition Assistant will oversee coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted districts and ensure the appropriate implementation of project activities in the field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor provision of services in the supported health facilities
- Follow up with the HFs with any needs (drugs, consumables, staffing, operational costs)
- Coordinate with relevant district authorities, DHOs and community leaders to facilitate implementation of the project activities.
- Identify when technical support is required (sectoral, logistics, finance, reporting, M&E, etc)
- Conduct follow up field visits and collect success stories achieved during the life of the project.
- Participate and contribute to development of the daily, weekly, and monthly plans and reports
- Maintain detailed records and up to date paperwork for all duties as per agreed upon formats.
- Ensure adherence to the principle and objectives of the project, RI and donors policies.
- Participate in initial assessment missions and distribution/site selections as RI representative
- Verify that beneficiary targeting methodology has been clearly defined and recorded for each district and is adjusted as situation changes to ensure most vulnerable are reached
- Ensure awareness and implementation of appropriate beneficiary/community accountability mechanisms, including responding to Hotline Complaints and community feedback sessions.
- Participate in conducting household visits and running community sessions to carryout Post Distribution Monitoring on partner implementation quality and satisfaction, enter data, and prepare findings for PC.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or diploma degree in Public health, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in data management for humanitarian or development projects.
- Management roles preferably in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases.
- Minimum 1-year experience in Food distributions or cash transfer programming.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Ability to represent RI in high-level meetings with donors and local government.
- Must be living in Shabwah or ready to relocate
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com
before midnight of December 02 for submitting their application with the vacancy reference subject :HR/20/97.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.