Cash Distribution Assistant
Position: Cash Distribution Assistant
Reports to: Cash Distribution Officer
Duration: 01st December,20 to 31st March,21
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
Under the supervision of the Cash Distribution officer, Cash Distribution assistant will dedicate 100% of his/her time supporting, and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The Assistant will oversee coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted locations and ensure the appropriate implementation of project activities in the field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate, timely and participatory implementation of program start-up activities at governorate level
- Participate in registration of cash beneficiaries as guided by the cash officer
- Ensure that RI policies and procedures are adhered to adequately
- Make regular field visit to the targeted areas.
- Participate in post distribution monitoring surveys.
- Work with local leaders, DHOs,GHOs, IDPs executive unit to ensure timely validation of cash beneficiaries lists.
- Collect and submit cash beneficiaries lists to the cash officer
- Draft weekly, quarterly and final reports
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma in related field or its equivalent. Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in food security programming for humanitarian projects.
- Minimum 1-year experience in cash transfer programming.
- Applicable knowledge working with transfer modalities and assessment
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Must be living in Shabwah or ready to relocate
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to Aden.firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of December 02 for submitting their application with the vacancy reference subject :HR/20/95.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.