Ended Medical Doctor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF is currently recruiting for the following position based in Taiz Houban:
Job Title : Medical Doctor
Location: MSF-H, Taiz Governorate
Provide inpatient and/or outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out inpatient and outpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, ensuring they have understood.
- Follow up the progress of the hospitalized/IPD patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged, or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors - and informing their family about the patient’s progress.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows all MSF medical protocols and ensures they are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Staff is not allowed to chew QAT during working hours. Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises. The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by their line manager.
- Medical Doctor diploma and valid medical license.
- 2 years of experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be with medical trainings).
- Desirable experience in Public Health, OBGYN, pediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, general practice, general medicine, or minor surgery.
Good English & Arabic (Written, Spoken)
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel).
All applicants should submit with following essential documents / information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An application letter in English (explaining relevant experience and motivation),
- CV with 3 references,
- Scan Copy of relevant Degrees with Valid Medical License, Experience certificate.
- Scan Copy of Yemeni National ID Card
Applicants must put ‘Medical Doctor’ in the subject line.
Closing date: 28-Nov-2020.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Application missing above mention documents will not be considered.