Job Title: Finance Assistant/Cashier
Duty Station: Ibb/Taiz Office
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in Ibb/Taiz Office. The Finance Assistant/Cashier will be responsible for preparing financial spreadsheets and supports the Finance Officer and Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the organization, including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling to enable finance department to provide smooth, timely and efficient finance service to the IMC Ibb/Taiz office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the daily payments and reconciliation of bank and cash accounts.
- Cash and bank account management in consultation with the Finance Officer.
- Prepare cash and bank payment vouchers to suppliers and program participants and ensure all supporting documents are in compliance with IMC policies and procedures.
- Maintain the cash and bank books and ensure all transactions are recorded on a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct daily cash count in presence of Finance Officer or Finance Manager.
- Prepare and update the Daily Cash position in International Medical Corps TMS.
- Scan, archive and upload financial documents on daily basis.
- Ensure all financial documents are properly filed according to International Medical Corps policy, kept securely and easily retrieved.
- Maintain and monitor the staff advances and Follow up with staff concerned for timely clearance.
- Report any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Participate in asset inventories and stock counts every year
- Provide assistance to finance officer, Senior Finance Officer or Finance Manager as required.
- Keep the confidentially of financial information.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to: Finance Officer
directly supervise: N/A
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or related field with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Previous experience working for INGO's is preferable.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Flexible with tasks and working hours when needed.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Must work independently under difficult condition and limited supervision.
- Strong communication skill, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers.
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Excellent English language and Arabic language skills (written and spoken).
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
To apply, please send your CV to: IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org
Kindly mention the job title in your email Subject Field