Ended Programme Coordinator
Location: Based in Aden, with field visits.
Application Deadline : 14- Jan- 2021
Languages Required : English
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a local NGO in Yemen working in humanitarian operation, assistance relief & recovery and development support.
In 2011, SHS has received the biggest International Award from UNHCR in the Middle East – The Nansen Refugee Award.
Programme Coordinator Post:
SHS is urgently looking for a Programme Coordinator to be based in Aden/Sana’a. The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing WFP programs/projects operations implemented by SHS.
Programme Coordinator - Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Program Coordinator shall be responsible for coordinating the successful implementation of the projects (GFA/CBT) providing arranged advice, monitoring and management support, ensure effective use of reporting mechanisms, and coordinate donor/partner relations
- Provide practical guide and support in the accomplishment of different projects activities and work processes
- Guide on all the project cycle steps ensuring planned activities and deliverables are performed timely (efficiently & effectively)
- Support programme the stipulated projects and programme guidelines in collaboration with the M&E
- Prepare and consolidate periodic monthly quarterly and annually reports and analyzed data, programme and implementation stage (planned versus achieved)
- Ensure stakeholders and partners collaboration attending meetings and contribute proactively on the implementation of the project.
- Participate in the strengthening capacity, information sharing and exchange at the field offices staff, local authorities and communities including the beneficiaries applying Accountability to Affected People (AAP)
- Monitor and follow risk management and emergency preparedness plan to ensure SHS projects are bouncing back better to respond to unanticipated crisis
- Support and follow-up on the implementation of program activities in accordance with the program proposal and activities timeline
- Assist in preparing program progress reports documenting program success
- Contribute to program development and carry out further assessments as required
- Promote appropriate innovation in program development
- Conduct field visits to monitor program implementation
- Coordinate and supervises the site coordinators including the nurse case managers
- Coordinate and secure partnership with different organizations, institution both public and private
- Coordinate the dissemination of the information and awareness creation materials required tailored to each field projects
- Attend monthly coordination meetings of the partners contributing succinct brief on the project achievements and matters
Professional Qualification and relevant experiences
- Previous experience in WFP funded projects (GFA/CBT/CVTN) will be an advantage.
- At least a Bachelor Degree on social science degree or in a related discipline.
- Proven training and or understanding of humanitarian context in Yemen
- A proven experience in vulnerability, food security, malnutrition working with displaced people and refugee operation in Yemen
- Ensuring regular communication and interaction between the local authorities at all level, field staff, and other partners operating in the same project areas
- Value added with previous experience in project implementation and working with WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and or INGO and/or NNGO supported projects
- At least 2 years of progressive experience humanitarian programs for displaced, refugees or rural communities. Experience gained within an international humanitarian INGO and/or NNGO will be an added advantage.
- Experience in project management cycle, report writing skills, input & output and outcomes interpretation and excellent computer literacy
- Proving skills especially accountability, integrity, supervising, productivity, good communication, problem solving, teamwork
- Take pro-active measure and ensure to report fraud, corruption, harassment, abuse or any other acts of wrongdoing by field staff
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile via the following link: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/bSqi5Zdl
Submission deadline: 14th January 2021
Due to urgency of the post, early submissions will be considered first.