Ended Operations Coordinator
Yemen Systems, Health and Resiliency Project (SHARP)
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Finance & Operations Manager
Posting Location: Aden, Yemen
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries. JSI is seeking an Operations Coordinator for the USAID funded System, Health and Resiliency Project (SHARP) in Yemen. The project has two overarching goals: 1) to reduce mortality among women of reproductive age, their newborns, and children under five and 2) to increase community and health system resiliency.
This position will report to the Finance & Operations Manager and will be based in Aden, Yemen. The Operations Coordinator will oversee general office operational, logistical, and support functions, including inventory, facilities, journey/fleet management, IT, logistics, and procurement. The Coordinator will supervise a team of three staff that carry out these operational and logistical functions and he/she will ensure strict adherence to JSI and USAID policies and procedures. He/she will also ensure that all SHARP minimum standard of logistics/procurement and IT procedures are understand and adhere to JSI and USAID operational policies and procedures for programmatic activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the procurement processes for the project, ensuring awareness and adherence to all JSI and USAID procurement policy and procedures;
- Ensure all procurements follow a transparent, competitive and open process;
- Liaise with all other SHARP project staff to support in procurement planning, including support to the finance team to aid in budget planning;
- Ensure that an up to date and accurate procurement tracker is maintained from request to final receipt and closure of file;
- Support and participate in the office procurement committee review and agreement on selected supplier based on quotations, as needed;
- Ensure up to date and accurate filing and maintenance of procurement records for easy access and retrieval - Requisitions, RFQs, Bid Analyses, Purchase order forms, Contracts, Invoices, GRNs, Waybills, and (all other documents) both electronically and manually as may be required for audit trail;
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management
- Supervise the Procurement Assistant.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor
Vehicle and Fleet Management
- Ensure all vehicles are managed in accordance with JSI and USAID policies and procedures;
- Ensure movements are planned, coordinated, and follow the project’s journey management procedures;
- Liaise with the Security Manager to plan movement of vehicles and staff to ensure staff safety;
- Serve as primarily liaison with vehicle rental company;
- Regularly monitor vehicle tracking systems (conduct spot checks) and vehicle fuel logs to ensure consistency and proper use of vehicles (following the processes outlined in the project Operations Manual);
- Oversee and manage the process for fuel and maintenance logs for all vehicles;
- Coordinate with the Security Manager to ensure that all drivers are properly trained in defensive driving and safety and security measures;
- Ensure drivers adhere to and respect all vehicle policies and procedures as well as adhere to all local and national laws.
- Ensure proper maintenance of project inventory for non-expendable equipment including tagging of equipment and furniture, tracking its location and condition, and preparing and submitting USAID required reports;
- Oversee the management and tracking of fueling of the generator
- Oversee regular physical inventory checks and review of office supplies and equipment;
- Ensure up to date and accurate Inventory tracker is in place for all non-expendable equipment/goods;
- Provide guidance on the tagging/labeling of all JSI assets and equipment using appropriate serial numbers and sequence;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a proper filing system (both hard copy and electronic) for inventory management;
- Ensure safe storage and custodianship of all JSI assets and equipment and schedule repairs/maintenance as needed;
- Supervise the Logistics & Property Officer
Information, Communication, Technology (ICT)
- Oversee the management of office ICT systems and networks;
- Ensure appropriate protection of all data and records are in place;
- Supervise enforcement of ICT policies;
- Support staff training on ICT and upgrading of ICT infrastructure;
- Supervise the IT & Systems Assistant
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant university degree or higher education in relevant field, such as Business Administration, Management Sciences, or Supply Chain Management (or related field).
- Proficient in USAID rules and regulations and prior experience working on USAID grants required.
- Proven, solid, and relevant experience in operations and logistics work, preferably in the UN, NGO, or private sector environment with a minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and handle a high volume of tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision, and work in a dynamic environment to meet deadlines;
- Significant political and cultural awareness and experience of working in settings where insecurity is a major issue;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- Awareness of gender and culture issues;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues as necessary;
- Attention to detail is essential;
- Must adhere and be able to maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel) and the Google platform (Gmail, Google Drive) is preferred;
- Willingness to travel to the field on occasion.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Qualified applicants can submit their CVs to the following email before the deadline:
To be considered, please mention the job title in the subject field in your email application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.