Ended Procurement Assistant
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Posting Location: Aden, Yemen
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries. JSI is seeking a Procurement Assistant for the USAID funded System, Health and Resiliency Project (SHARP) in Yemen. The project has two overarching goals: 1) to reduce mortality among women of reproductive age, their newborns, and children under five and 2) to increase community and health system resiliency.
The Procurement Assistant is a full-time position with JSI and is based in Aden. The Assistant will support all project procurements, from the initial stages of collecting specifications and quotations to the final stages of procurement of selecting vendors and issuing contracts. The Assistant will ensure the proper systems are in place to monitor and track all procurements and that all procurements adhere to donor and organizational rules and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Organize all procurement-related activities for the full procurement lifecycle (including gathering specifications, drafting RFP/Qs, collecting quotations, reviewing applications/bids, managing evaluation committees, selecting and negotiating with vendors, drafting contracts, etc.);
- Develop and maintain a procurement tracker;
- Receive and review all requisition forms (requests for procurement of an item) for completeness and accuracy and follow up with the initiating department on any discrepancy;
- Advise staff on specifications, prices, availability and other procurement matters;
- Identify the appropriate supplier(s) for each requisition item and ensure the distribution of RFP/Qs to vendors;
- Check quality and availability of requested items and ensure the collection of quotiations/invoices accordingly;
- Mange the evaluation process to select the vendor, including preparation, compilation, and review of bid documents, coordination with the evaluation committee, drafting of summary/selection memos, etc.
- Ensure the preparation of bid announcements and follows-up activities;
- Ensure delivery of PO’s (purchase orders) for collection of goods;
- Inspect purchased items against specification and/or samples;
- Work with Finance unit to process payment of all invoices received from vendor;
- Maintain an up-to-date vendor list of classified suppliers and make it available upon request;
- Ensure all procurement files are complete, organizes, and compliant with JSI and USAID policies and procedures;
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure the proper documentation is included for financial payments;
- Coordinate with the Logistics and Property Officer to ensure all procurements are received and properly logged and inventoried;
- Coordinate and schedule meeting and appointments as requested (by vendors), respond to inquiries which do not require the personal attention of the project management;
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability and delivery;
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Business Administration, supply chain management or related field.
- years of professional and relevant professional work experience, including proven experience with the full procurement lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of the INGO work context and community in Aden, Yemen is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues as necessary;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Experience working with an INGO is preferred;
- Attention to detail is essential;
- Must adhere and be able to maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters;
- Proficiency in Micosoft Suite (Word, Excel) and the Google platform (Gmail, Google Drive) preferred;
- Willingness to travel to the field on occasion.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Qualified applicants can submit their CVs to the following email before the deadline:
To be considered, please mention the job title in the subject field in your email application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.