Ended IT & Systems Assistant
Job Title: IT & Systems Assistant
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Posting Location: Aden, Yemen
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries. JSI is seeking an IT & Systems Assistant for the USAID funded System, Health and Resiliency Project (SHARP) in Yemen. The project has two overarching goals: 1) to reduce mortality among women of reproductive age, their newborns, and children under five and 2) to increase community and health system resiliency.
The IT & Systems Assistant is a full-time position with JSI and is based in Aden. The IT & Systems Assistant will report to the Operations Coordinator and will be responsible for providing comprehensive IT and systems support to all project staff, adhering to all relevant JSI and USAID policies and regulations, and ensuring smooth and efficient operations of the office’s IT systems at all times.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the overarching management of office IT systems and networks, including internet services, telecommunications, computer systems and software, computer equipment, and any other related IT systems or equipment.
- Lead the process to establish a server for the project, ensure the server is maintained, and project files are regularly backed up.
- Establish and enforce JSI and USAID IT policies, standards, practices, software manuals, and security measures to ensure effective operations and to safeguard information and project materials;
- Direct the continuous improvement of the equipment and procedures to maintain pace with technological progress and business needs;
- Assist in testing new software or new versions of existing software used in office;
- Develop and review specifications of computer hardware to be purchased and install or monitor the installation of hardware where appropriate;
- Provide assistance to staff by troubleshooting IT issues as they arise;
- Conduct trainings on various IT topics for project staff, as needed;
- Work with the Logistics & Property Officer to ensure all IT equipment is properly inventoried and maintained;
- Support the Logistics & Property Officer with the procurement of any IT-related equipment;
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management;
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- University Degree in computer science or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years practical IT experience supporting a medium size office with all IT needs;
- Expertise in the Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and the Google platform (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.) is required;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues as necessary;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Experience working with an INGO is preferred;
- Attention to detail is essential;
- Must adhere and be able to maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters;
- Willingness to travel to the field on occasion.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Qualified applicants can submit their CVs to the following email before the deadline:
To be considered, please mention the job title in the subject field in your email application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.