Post Title: Accountant.
Organization: Yemen Loan Guarantee Program (YLG).
Contract Type: Full time.
Duration: Annual, including 3 months’ probation, renewable depending on performance and fund availability .
No. of Postions:1
Closing Date: 14-01-2021
YLG is a not-for-profit guarantee provider established by the Social Fund for Development in 2017 to increase the facilitation of credit to enterprise owners for growth and expansion.
YLG provides partial guarantees on loans made by PFIs (banks and microfinance institutions MFIs) to micro and small enterprise borrowers located in the region.
YLG aims to contribute to the creation of new jobs and the development of existing and start-up projects.
Towards this end, YLG is currently looking to hire an accountant to work in finance department. The accountant will work under the management of YLG Senior Finance Officer, to undertake the following:
Key responsibilities and tasks of the accountant include:
- Supervising the accounting books and basic documents in proving the financial operations in the books of the program.
- Documentation of records, restrictions and exchange documents and their enhancements related to YLG accounts.
- Registration of all transfers and purchases according to official invoices.
- Coordinate and organize money disbursed documents
- Organization, registration, of accounts and other procedures and preparing periodically reporting of accounts.
- Daily reconciliation with the petty cash account and with the different accounts and data entered into the system.
- Facilitate of financial audits, examinations and periodic inventory of petty cash, records and financial constraints in the program to ensure the safety of these funds and restrictions.
- Enter all information on invoices, exchange orders, certificates of vouchers and settlement recorded in the general journal in different accounts.
- Match the totals and balances of different accounts with balances and totals recorded in the public journal.
- Follow up printing accounting reports of all types.
- Maintain an integrated copy of the accounting reports appropriately and systematically as an alternative to manual records.
- Extract all necessary data to prepare the final account of the program.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior financial officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or any related field.
- Previous 2 years' experience with knowledge to allocate payments across cost centers.
- Good experience in working with accounting systems.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Please fill and send your CV using this form:
not after the deadline
* Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Female applicants with relevant experience are highly encouraged to apply.