Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of the organization
The MENTOR Initiative is a UK based humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. MENTORs mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
MENTOR is working in close partnership with Solidarites International (SI) which has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden - Yemen.
Under the supervision of the Field Project Coordinator, the Finance/Administrative Manager:
To ensure all finance, administrative, and human resource aspect within the Yemen Programme
II. Roles and Responsabilities
• Ensure that good quality finance and administration systems as per the standard guidelines are set up and functioning in the programme and standardized between all locations within Yemen
• Ensure accurate accounting for all grants and in accordance with the grant agreement(s)
• Prepare monthly electronic and paper reports on expenditures against the project budget(s) for all locations and send these together with all hardcopy receipts and other expenditure-related paperwork, including bank statements, to the Grants Management Team
• Ensure compliance to all Grant agreements for financial reporting and procurement.
• Ensure field level compliance to all legal aspects of the grant agreement
• Send monthly requests for cash (RCA) supported by detailed budgets to the Grants Management Team.
• Prepare and send paper version of payroll to Grants Management Team.
• Ensure that all members of the team are trained and respect the finance and administration procedures.
• Responsible for salary / fee payments to all local team members including daily workers when necessary
• Responsible for distributing ICLA and security cash (when required) to international team members as well as reimbursement of approved expenses
• Set up and maintain a bank account in Yemen
• When required, assist with the preparation of new proposals and budgets
• Organize and file all Finance/Admin/HR documents required by the donor for audit purposes
Human Resources Coordination
• Directly responsible for all administrative aspects of national staff management and recruitment. This includes set up of non-technical job descriptions and assisting with the editing of technical job descriptions, posting adverts, organizing interviews, etc.
• Ensure that standard salary scale and per diem polices are in place and updated regularly and validated by Grants Management Team.
• Ensure compliance with all human resource aspects of the grant agreements.
• Ensure compliance with government taxation and labour regulations concerning employment.
• Ensure that contracts, Staff Regulations, Penalty Code comply with all government regulations and are updated on a regular basis in line with other NGOs.
• Ensure that all Human Resource policies are clearly communicated and respected by national and international team members.
• Follow up on all Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) rental and service agreements including house(s), office(s), and vehicles, etc. monitor related payments, and renew rental agreements when necessary.
• Monitor status of registration in country.
• Assist the Field Project Coordinator with any other administrative tasks as required.
• Monitor registration and government regulations (visas, work permits) for international staff if needed.
• Establish and monitor an effective organization of original and digital copies of Finance/HR/Admin documents.
• Assist the Field Project Coordinator in writing Memorandums of Understanding.
• When required, represent the NGO in external coordination meetings.
• Provide finance/admin and/or human resources support during field or assessment missions.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Field Project Coordinator and the Grants Management Team.
ORG CHART POSITION
Line manager: Field Project Coordinator and Grants Manager
Line report(s) on base: N/A
III. Profile required
- Diploma in Finance, Accoutancy or any other related fields
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Prior NGO/INGO experience
- Knowledge of INGO finance and procurement procedures
- Excellent knowledge of excel, knowledge of SAGA is a strong asset
- Excellent English level (written and spoken)
- Experience in team management
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Proactive and motivated
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Mentor Initiative by email to: Owen.Bicknell@mentor-initiative.net
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for receiving applications: 8th of February 2020