Data Entry Assistant
Data Entry Assistant
Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of the organization
The MENTOR Initiative is a UK based humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. MENTORs mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
MENTOR is working in close partnership with Solidarites International (SI) which has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden - Yemen.
Under the supervision of the Field Project Coordinator, the Data Entry Assistant:
To ensure all programme data are entered in a timely manner
II. Roles and Responsabilities
• Inputs data in a timely and accurate manner into softcopy;
• Ensuring that the data recorded on the data collection forms is entered onto the specific database completely and accurately;
• Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures;
• Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data;
• Secures information by completing data base backups;
• Maintains data confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential;
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Field Project Coordinator and the Grants Management Team.
ORG CHART POSITION
Line manager: Field Project Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: N/A
III. Profile required
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch-typing system is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of databases
- Excellent knowledge of Excel program and its tools
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- The ability to do the same task for long periods of time
- A good understanding of data confidentiality issues
- A positive approach in a busy working environment
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Prior NGO/INGO experience
- Wide geographical knowledge
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Mentor Initiative by email to: Owen.Bicknell@mentor-initiative.net
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for receiving applications: 8th of February 2020