Ended Education Senior Officer
Job Title: Education Senior Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8A
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC is seeking a committed and positive candidate to enroll under this position. The successful candidate is expected to be responsible for leading Education team, Representing IAQY in coordination meetings with partners and stakeholders.
The Education Senior Officer will supervise all field activities, reports and plans. Build the capacity of IAQY staff and incentive workers. S/he will conduct regular field visits to remote locations to ensure accurate and timely implementation of IAQY activities, prepares written project and activity design materials; participate in acquisition/assistance development and implementation; performance monitoring; and/or supports the financing of education and public-private partnerships coordination; conduct education assessments, recommendations on education strategy development and program planning; project and activity design, management and implementation.
The Position will be responsible, but not limited to:
- Lead staff and volunteers and follow up the progress of their work-plans and achievements to ensure timely completion of planned tasks.
- Support and capacitate Education IAQY beneficiaries to improve Schools development plans that have activities which promote and target girls ‘and boys’ education.
- Develop, maintain and improve mutual and beneficial coordination with crucial stakeholders and provide capacity building and awareness raising sessions (including government officials, school teachers and community leaders) to ensure successful implementation of the project)
- Supervising the targeted sites and maintaining proper documentation, participating in the education cluster and coordination with cluster members as requested by supervisors.
- Coordinate with M&E department for feedback to enhance the quality aspects of planned activities.
- Support the team with their activities through meetings, direct discussions and on job training.
- Compile reports from the Education officers to prepare and share timely and accurate progressive reports periodically (weekly, monthly, annually) against the work plan to line manager.
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities conforms to donor requirements and procedures;
- Prepare financial estimates, coordinate activity budgets, maintain financial records and track expenditure.
- The preparation of project need assessments for new and ongoing activities and guiding the Education team, school management personnel and FMCs on the program policies and plans.
- Advice the line managers on matters related to developing professional learning opportunities significant for performance improvement.
- Prepare training related activities such as written reports, presentations and briefings on issues related to the IAQY program.
- Translation plans and reports and do the interpretations as requested.
- Perform other duties as may reasonably be required, falling within the remit of the post, and assigned by the Director of Education Coordinator and Education Manager.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- University Degree in education or equivalent degree such as social work and or other subject area;
- 4 years of proven experience in running education activities at same level.
- Good understanding of education concepts and issues in emergency context strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal & team building skills and excellence as a team player
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to communicate, develop and maintain productive, effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Advanced organizational skills including the ability to prioritize numerous tasks concurrently, use initiative, establish priorities and work to tight or assigned deadlines.
- Efficiency in using Microsoft office (MS word, MS excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Experience in staff management and capacity building will be an added advantage as well as professional development.
- Well attested mentoring experience within schools, colleges or university sectors.
- Outstanding oral communication skills, including the strong ability to speak confidently and articulately in public.
- Lead with dedication, integrity, service and accountability to the “IRC Way” – Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: January 18, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.