Ended Recruitment & Capacity Building Coordinator
Position: Recruitment & Capacity Building Coordinator
Location: Sana’a - Country Office
Reports to: Country HR & Admin Manager
Duration: Till 31 December 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance.
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Recruitment & Capacity Building Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the staff recruitment in the Yemen Country program to meet demands of the programs. S/he will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for open positions. S/he will support developing and implementing recruitment strategies to increase the RI’s talent pool and pipelines, and will provide input to ensure the RI has a talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. S/he will implement RI’s Recruitment “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent, and will recruit for talent that will support RI’s organizational culture, while contributing to RI’s position as an employer of choice.
In addition, this position will be responsible to assess the staff capacity building needs, designing and facilitating staff inductions/orientations, performance appraisal process, staff training needs, budgeting trainings in all proposals, following up on staff performance with line managers, guiding and supporting PMs, DAMs, AMs, sub office HR teams in staff performance management and provide advice to HRM and DCD-S accordingly.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Recruitment Cycle (Review RRFs, post vacancies, long-list CV’s, arrange interviews, maintain candidate employment applications, conduct reference checks, extend offers, send rejection letters for unsuccessful applicants, update recruitment report and recruitment tracker, etc.).
- Boxing/archiving recruitment and capacity building record on box
- Participate in the definition of job profiles and HR needs.
- Under the supervision of the HR & Admin Manager, and guidance, recruit for entry level positions and build recruitment skills to recruit for additional positions including interns and volunteers at the RI as required.
- Follow RI standard SoP and ensure compliance with all Yemen labor laws.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR/Recruitment information and other RI pertinent information in the RI’s offices.
- Collaborate with the HR & Admin Manager in updating and providing weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
- Strong collaboration with HR & Admin Manager and HR Lead to employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent and maintain consistency of Minimum Standards in RI’s Recruitment best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the RI’s culture and values and align these with sourcing and attracting talent.
- Other recruitment responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in the Human Resource planning, implementation and monitoring in the country.
- Under the supervision of HR & Admin Manager, lead and support the staff development and learning actions in RI.
- Performance Management: Advise managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation for the Areas.
- Staff Development: Collate Area Development needs, identify resources, in coordination with managers and Head office HR, and arrange staff development activities.
- Orientation and exits: Acts as a country focal point to ensure new staff at all Areas/Locations receive an appropriate orientation, including receiving an explanation of and committing to Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff. Ensures Reports on Orientation and Exits are up to date.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination in consultation with the HR Manager.
- Support HR & Admin Manager in reporting under his/her responsibility, and act as a backup in the absence of the HR & Admin Manager as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least four years’ experience in senior position of HR and Administration (International non-governmental organizations) INGOs.
- Resilient, enjoys working under professional and workload pressure. Remains patient and effective.
- Works well on own initiative while maintaining strong rapport with colleagues. Awareness of gender and cultural issues.
- Establishes and maintains credibility with wide range of staff from junior colleagues to senior management.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ability to provide supervision and support at a distance.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken English.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above qualification and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of January 14, 2021 with the vacancy reference Subject: HR-21-03 + Applicant Full Name.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.