Level: 5 (E)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Marib:
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before and after delivery ANC/ PNC, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols. Also to perform family planning (IuD’s, implants, depo injections etc.) according to MSF standards and protocols.
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling)
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Advise women on appropriate family planning and perform IUD insertions, implant insertions and removal, depo injections
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babiesin PNC, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc )
- According to MSF protocols independent identifies obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions, supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- You will work in different (mobile) primary health care clinics / places
Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery
Essential working experience of at least two years as a midwife; desirable work experience with any NGO;
local working language essential, desirable mission language (English);
Committed, Flexible, Knowledge of Medical principles
- CV and Cover letter should be submitted in English. Along with Copy of Yemeni National ID Card, previous work certificate and a valide Nursing Licence by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant must put “MIDWIFE- “ in the subject line.
- Closing date: 14 January 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams/tests and interviews after the closing date.
- Applications submitted without above listed documents shall not be considered.