Ended MEAL Assistant
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Meal Assistant
Department: Programs Department
Line manager: Meal officer.
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT ( six month with possibility of extension.)
Objective: The position is responsible to support the Meal officer for all Programs activities.
- Frequent field visits to conduct an on-going data collection process through interviews with beneficiary, households and other stakeholders and ensure high-quality data is collected.
- Participate in baseline, end line, need assessment and PDM surveys as required.
- Enter monitoring data into computer-based data collection system according to schedule and supervise this process
- Support an on-going process of beneficiary verification.
- Keep the database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Working on the complaints and feedbacks mechanism and conduct a training to make sure the complaints is recorded and then follow up the case is referred to the responsible team until the case is really closure.
- Monitor the distribution process and check the quality of the project implemented.
- Work with MEL Officer to track that program-based monitoring activities are being performed according to schedule.
- Work with the MEL Officer to implement directed research projects and to provide timely reports and data summaries.
- Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant specialty is required
- At least 2 years of experience in working with an NGO.
- Working in similar or relevant position is preferable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from staff in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CV to the email below putting the job title as the email subject to be considered OR will note be:
The closing date for applications is 17 January 2021