Ended Health Project Officer
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for Health Project officer (national position):
Position: Health Project Officer (national position)
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Permanent / Full-time–depending on funding
Duration: A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months
Starting date: ASAP
The Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable to their consequences: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid in response to most severe needs, regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
Our Yemen Mission has been officially established since July 2019 and has provided humanitarian assistance to approx. 230,000 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahj Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Djibouti across WASH, Health and Livelihoods projects.
Position reports to: Senior Health Programme Officer
- Implement reproductive and primary health care activities including recruitment of Health staff for health facility and facilitating their work. Mostly in reproductive Health.
- Provide overall Reproductive Health technical oversight of all activities to ensure interventions is evidence based culturally appropriate, cost-effective, and high impact.
- Assist all partners in operationalizing the PAH-RH strategy and facilitate community participation in Reproductive Health program.
- Build technical capacity of the service providers, Traditional Birth Assistants and communities.
- Manage Reproductive Health initiatives both at the community and Health Facilities level.
- Updates Reproductive Health technical guidelines using evidence-based and high impact practice.
- Develop, review, and disseminate guidelines, standards of practice, protocols and other tools to improve quality delivery at Health Facility and Community level.
- Work closely with other counterparts to identify and build cross-sectoral programming.
- Disseminate best practices at community level to community elders, Traditional Birth Attendants and women groups.
- Strengthen the health system in the targeted health facilities and work to ensure the sustainability of work after the exit of the project.
- Prepare an implementation plan for the different health projects.
- Monitor the implementation of health projects, prepare implementation plan, tracking of the indicators and ensure the achievement of the project proposed goals, outcomes, outputs and activities.
- Participate in the launching of the projects and participate in all related meetings.
- Coordinate with stakeholders in the governorate as local authorities, health offices at the level of the governorate and district and on the level of the health facility.
- Facilitate and coordinate for all trainings of community health volunteers in the governorate.
- Ensure the regular collection of the project required data according to the planned activities and indicators following the MOPHP and health cluster data base.
- Conduct regular field visit to the targeted location and ensure the conduction of the daily work and attendance of the health workers.
- Prepare regular timely and high quality monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual donor narrative and financial project report of the different health project and any other reports requested by the donors in accordance to appropriate guidelines.
- Identify project supply needs and coordinate with procurement and logistic team to ensure materials timely arrival.
- Prepare a distribution plan for all supplies planned to be provided in the projects.
- Prepare a success story for the different implemented project and ensure satisfied documentation of the project.
- Archiving of all document related to the project and all reports and minute of any conducted meeting.
- Ensure the regular and active representation and attendance of the health (Health Nutrition RHIAWG) sub-cluster meetings and other relevant forums.
- Conduct any other work provided by the health department in the country office.
- Preferably Bachelor of Medicine or bachelors’ degree in other equivalent qualifications.
- At least two 2 years of experience in health and RH project design, planning, implementing and evaluating integrated community-based health programmes in emergency/relief context.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in implementing health response programs, preferably in a conflict setting.
- Sound knowledge and experience in primary and secondary health care services.
- Experience in working with NNGOs/NNGOs in developing countries and more so in emergency response programming.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, etc.
- Excellent verbal/written communication in English and relationship building skills.
- Excellent Microsoft package skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Power-point, Teams).
Please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than Jan 15th 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.