Ended Senior Medical Officer
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Duty Station: Aden
Current Employee: None
Deadline : 6th Jan.2021 until 16th Jan.2021
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian organization saving and rebuilding lives through health care, training and community development. International Medical Corps works alongside International Medical Corps Worldwide, responding to humanitarian emergencies and communities afflicted by conflict, poverty and natural disaster in more than 20 countries around the world.
The Senior Medical officer is responsible for the implementation of health care programs in his area of assignment through supervision, technical oversight and coordination with other departments and relevant agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure timely delivery of program components according to proposed activities and available funds under the emergency response grants by maintaining updated procurement plans, HR plans and work plans.
- Provide support to ensure quality programming implementation related to primary health care, reproductive health, vaccination, nutrition, early warning systems, outbreak response, rational drug use, medical supply chain management, pharmaceutical supply in coordination with relevant colleagues
- Ensure that all health staff in his area of assignment and health facilities contribute to IMC’s program objectives
- Plan with the field focal points to ensure that all supported health facilities including medical mobile units are equipped and maintained according to the Yemen Minimum Service Package with the maximum use of available resources
- Schedule and conduct site visits for monitoring and supervision to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and verification of pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment in coordination with his/her junior staff
- Provides feedback to his technical supervisor and operational manager with regard to changes in context to ensure that program implementation remains responsive to the needs of the beneficiaries
- Represent and actively participate in health coordination meetings and other relevant meetings in behalf of IMC as assigned by supervisor
- Provide documented feedback to his/her supervisor on meetings attended
- Ensure that data collected through the health facilities are in line with IMC’s internal M and E system as well as comply with donor expectations
- Regularly collect, consolidate and summarize field reports using data collected, providing relevant analysis and interpretation on morbidity trends
- Prepare relevant activity reports to include training, supervisory and site visit reports
- Monitor and analyze data to flag possible outbreaks during the emergency phase
- Work with his/her subordinates to ensure that services provided in all supported health facilities are in accordance to MOPHP and WHO standards and guidelines.
- Support the health staff on health facility assessments, data quality assurance, analysis and interpretation of data, disease surveillance, emergency preparedness, outbreak response and other relevant subjects related to program management
- Work closely with his/her subordinates to undertake ongoing assessments of population needs and adapt the program interventions accordingly
- Coordinate with his/her subordinates and his/her supervisor to determine opportunities for collaboration with GHO/DHO or other relevant agencies to maximize resources
- Coordinate with his/her subordinates and his/her supervisor and with other program departments to ensure integrated implementation of services
- Work with his/her subordinates and supervisor to determine staff training needs
- Support the conduct regular training activities including case studies, morbidity or mortality reviews for health staff
- Prepare training plan and coordinate with program officers to ensure timely preparation for needed resources
- Actively opportunities to participate in trainings relevant to his/her position and career interest
- Attend relevant trainings relevant to his/her position
- Participate to the development of concept notes for possible activities relevant to the current priority interventions
- Actively provide inputs in the development of program proposals
- Review project proposal materials and develop a detailed implementation and monitoring plan and adapt program to changing context as needed with coordination with relevant supervisor
- Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand International Medical Corps' local security regulations; document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Health Officer and Erbil Program Manager in Erbil. Monitor the field area of operations security situation, and inform supervisor.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Any other duty deemed necessary for the fulfillment of program objectives as discussed with supervisor
- Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
A medical doctor with at least 5 years clinical experience
- Familiarity to the areas of program operations, being a resident at the area of deployment preferred
- 3+ years of technical supervisory experience within the health care system is preferred
FSR – Senior Medical Officer_Aden
- Previous experience working for an international NGO preferred but not essential
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to travel to project sites on a regular basis required
- Familiarity of the health care system in Sana’a with previous work experience within the system desirable
- Arabic and English-speaking skills essential
- Arabic and English writing skills preferred
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
To apply, send your CV to:
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.