Updated Orthopaedic Surgeon
Update: Deadline has been extended until Feb. 3rd, 2021
VACANCY: ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Position status: Full-time
Contract duration & location: (1) Replacement for leaves & during Ramadan at Salakhana hospital/ Al-Hudaydah governorate
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) are an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out surgical activities, ensure pre and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with medical staff in the emergency, intensive wards and operation theatre in order to improve patients’ health conditions.
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies including swab counts, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT registry entry/documentation of all OT intervention.
- Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anaesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines. Attend OPD, emergency room when required.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anaesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc to monitor quality. Participates in the monthly morbidity/mortality reviews and analysis of clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome. Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advice on instrument needs and coordinates patient referral.
- Knows and helps implement the accidental blood exposure policy. MSF antibiotic protocol, hygiene standard, and data protection guidelines
- Plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff (ER and in-patient staff) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities.
- Supports other medical teams/wards when needed
- Able and willing to support projects in other locations as needed
- Essential General Practitioner degree; Essential Specialisation degree in Orthopaedics
- Medical council licence in Ortho Surgery from Yemeni medical council
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience as a general surgeon
- Previous experience in NGO’s appreciated
- Arabic essential, English mandatory
- Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Stress Management
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID card, requested Degrees & licenses with the
Subject: “Orthopaedic Surgeon” by email to: email@example.com
(Be aware of the MSF reception rules – The email should mention the subject and all documents should be in one email)
Applications that do not have enclosed a copy of the ID card, Degree and License will NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5PM, 3rd February 2021
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!
“MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.”