Ended IPD Nusre
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is opening a position for Yemeni nationals for the following:
Location: Aden Trauma Center – behind Sadaqa Hospital.
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: IPD Nurse Supervisor / Deputy Head Nurse / Head Nurse
Contract duration: 1 year with 3 month probation period starting ASAP - renewable
Main Purpose: Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For IPD,OT and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma. Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing.
- Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Previous experience in surgical and traumatic nursing care is an asset
- Language: Arabic language mandatory, English Language desirable
- Competency: Results and Quality Orientation
Teamwork and Cooperation
Commitment to MSF Principles
Applications must be addressed in English.
Candidates should submit CV, motivation letter and Diploma to the following:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Aden – behind Sadaqa Hospital, in mail box at the entrance gate
with the mention of “IPD Nurse” on the envelop
In the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
with “lPD Nurse” as subject.
Deadline for application: 16th of Jan 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.
Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.