Ended Project Field Assistant
Location: Dhamar-Raymah, Yemen
Position: Project Field Assistant
Reports to: Governorate Officer
Duration: Till June 30, 2021; Renewable based on fund availability and performance
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under overall supervision of Governorate Officer, the District Supervisor (DS) will be responsible of supervising, reporting, planning and organizing the processes of food distribution in Food/Voucher Distribution Points (FDPs/VDPs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate with supervisors in developing action plans of food distribution and introduce proper alternatives and adjustments of processes in accordance with minimum requirements for food/voucher distribution.
- Train, assign, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff.
- Supervise the daily flow of food commodities to beneficiaries.
- Supervise the maintaining of sanitary and orderly warehouse and storage facilities.
- Evaluate the performance of warehouse employees.
- Ensure that all equipment, food, and supplies are available for the assigned period/daily operation/s on the FDP Warehouse.
- Review, prepare, and submit daily reports as supplies and food delivered.
- Manage crowd and ensure proper alignment of beneficiaries especially women and those of special needs in front of FDPs.
- Ensure the existence of food distribution equipment's such as scale at the FDPs.
- Ensure food items are stored in good conditions.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Social Science, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the field and working with local communities.
- Demonstrated ability to reporting with gender disaggregated data.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation particularly related to food insecurity.
- Strong knowledge of the assigned districts and rural communities with willingness to travel locally to follow-up on implementation as required.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
before midnight of January 14, 2021 with the vacancy reference Subject: HR-21-04 + Applicant Full Name.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted