Ended Female Counselor Educator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
FEMALE COUNSELOR EDUCATOR
Contract duration: 1 year – Renewable.
Contract type: Full time contract.
Reporting to: Mental Health Activities Manager / Project Medical Referent-MTL-MFP
- Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
Main Job Duties:
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma.
Experience: 1 year experience essential. Experience with NGO is desirable.
Languages: Arabic is essential. English is mandatory.
Competencies Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France
Aden – behind Sadaqa Hospital, in mail box at the entrance gate
The subject should be: COUNSELOR EDUCATOR /Aden
Deadline for application: January 16th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.