Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and manmade disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: MSF Aden (with frequent visits to the field)
Contract type: No contract, temporary assignment
Reporting to: HR Coordinator
Performing professional translation activities and delegated duties depending on supervisor’s instructions and according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper representation and translation of MSF activities and core values.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing professional written and oral interpretation and translation activities, ensuring medical confidentiality, neutrality and respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, and MSF staff.
- Performing administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking, etc). Providing necessary feedback to supervisor following discussions and negotiations, and assisting with report writing, ensuring that all translated documents are properly filed.
- Ensuring that supervisor is aware of cultural nuances when dealing with different Ministries, Governmental Institutions and counterparts to ensure a good working relationship. Informing supervisor about local customs, tradition, etc. that will help in better communication and understanding of the context.
- Immediately informing supervisor of any problems that might be linked to individual behavior (counterproductive and/or culturally insensitivity) and declaring any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement).
- Upholding MSF’s core principles, values, quality standards and Code of Conduct.
- Promoting and maintaining MSF quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Higher education (health degree would be an asset).
- Professional training in translating.
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
- Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks.
- Good written and spoken Arabic and English essential.
- Essential proven computer literacy including processing of documents (Word, Excel).
- Specific knowledge on Medical Terminology and vocabulary.
Applications must be in English language. Candidates MUST submit a Cover Letter and CV. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins Sans Frontières – Aden
Only online Application will be accepted. Please send your application
(Please in the subject of the mail precise “Qualified Translator”)
Deadline for application: 17th January 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-B (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-B.