Position: Finance Assistant
Vacancy Reference Number: FA-RMH /21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The overall aim of our financial response is to ensure enhanced access to effective and dignified Financial assistance in operational day to day activities and assist to have increased support to program unites and guide program staff to implement the project activities in proper way. And to make controlling of the budget for all projects.
The Finance Division closely works with country programme team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the financial projects issues and to deal with the government needs such as tax, and social security by making good understanding to the local law as well as International law.
Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, Finance Assistant is responsible for maintaining of accounts, including books, registers, vouchers and other documents relating to all receipts and disbursement with proper supporting documents. And to Provide Assistance in Financial and Accounting matter of the Finance Department.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the FA has the responsibility to manage all accountant programmes/projects.
Responsibility for Resources:
- Assistance in Operational, Financial and Business Management
- Responsibility for all Office Management/Book keeping/Filing System Management
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
- Receiving and checking all payment at Raymah office and assuring that all requirements are on-hand (Compliance as per policies) with guiding the staff based on IRY policies.
- Preparing all the payments cheques (cash advances, suppliers, volunteers ....... etc.
- Following all the receipts to attach it with the voucher.
- Filing the vouchers and prepare them when it gets ready for booking on the system.
- Controlling and holding Raymah office petty cash flow (advances and clearances).
- Dealing with banking issues.
- Answering caller’s enquiries.
- Doing all duties requested from the line manager.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Finance Manager.
- To ensure proper implementation of IRY’s financial rules and procedures,
- Monthly Cash forecast for the sub office, provide cash forecasts, manage cash in/out and sub office financial reporting,
- Where required in consultation with the Team Leader provide inputs to budget proposal and procurement plan,
- Prepare daily & monthly closing and cost accounting reports within budget line.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries for finance, such as Petty Cash Vouchers, and proper supporting document for transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Control, analyse and review budgets and expenditures for Project.
- Explain expenses bills, vouchers and accounting policies to staff.
- Responsible for financial data bases (in Excels format/AX)
- Any other admin and finance duties assigned by the management.
- The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager, appropriate to your grade
- University degree in Accounting, or business administration
- Two years experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization in similar position
- Exprience of preparing various accounting report.
- Good management and representation competencies.
- Familiarity with donors and donor procedures helpful.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work and live within a team environment;
- Computer proficient in Excel Word, and internet
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English & Arabic.
- MS office, Customer Dealing, Filling System &Financial System.
- Responsible, Confidentiality, Integrity, Punctuality, Trustworthy, Goal Oriented & Team Player.
University degree in Accounting, or Business Administrative.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.