Ended Logistic Officer
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Location: Al-Mukha & Al Khawkhah
During: 34 months
Staff : 1
Abs Development Organization for woman and Child (ADO) is a well-established national, humanitarian, developmental, non-profitable and non-governmental organization, founded in August1996 by a group of Yemeni girls to provide a better standard of living for woman, Child and youth in Yemen. ADO has been operating in Yemen for more than 25 years with an excellent presence in the deprived rural areas located on the coast of Tehama and various areas in Yemen to get rid of poverty and infectious diseases. Since its inception, it has implemented over 120 development and humanitarian interventions in 10 out of the 22 governorates of Yemen benefiting over 6, 400,000 people. As a result, the organization has established itself among the most effective civil society organizations in Yemen that are working on issues related livelihood, health, education, and WASH in support of women, children, and youth. Operating out of its Headquarter office in Sana’a and its offices in Hodaiedah, Hajjah, Abs, Raymah Taiz and Aden, ADO, provides critical educational, health, livelihood and WASH services to urban and rural communities. ADO believes that a woman is the essence of life, therefore it has devoted all its activities and programs to empower and educate a woman, because the educated and empowered woman will lead to an educated family in which empowered family will ensure a developed society leading to a civil state, good governance and conscious civil society out of oppression. ADO believes that youth are a miraculous energy. If they are enabled, they will build a civil state and good governance, as well as ADO believes that protecting and caring for children will result a beautiful future and free from crime and terrorism.
In partnership with DKH, ADO is planning to implement fish farming project in two governorates (2 coastal districts Al-Mukha, & Al Khawkhah of Hodaiedah and Taiz governorates). The project will make a direct connection to existing livelihoods that are prevalent in the target area, specifically fishery and introduce innovative complementary products and processes. The fish cage farming builds upon the existing livelihoods of the fisher community as well as its supply chain and local customs. Under the overall objective ADO is planning to establish and operate 8 fish farm cages with one hatchery and one feed plant.
By proving it´s economic viability on the West Coast of Yemen the project will lay a foundation to-scale the innovation along the coastal areas, increasing fishermen income, re-engage fishermen who have been forced to abandon their traditional livelihood, boosting supply of nutritious locally-produced fish in a country on the brink of famine, and increasing resilience.
The project will also have a conditional cash component (during on-the-job vocational training). The income households will earn initially through cash-for-training, and later through (new) livelihoods will increase household food security and community resilience. The project will strengthen the local market by reviving and strengthening first and foremost supply (strengthening/developing new value chains such as fingerling and fish feed production, fish from aquaculture), and secondly demand (cash-for-training measures, strengthening the livelihood of the target group).
Job objectives/ Scop
The Logistics Officer will prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for the supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will ensure that the programmatic needs of the Projects are addressed and met in an efficient, timely, transparent, accountable and cost-effective manner. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring projects compliance with donor procurement rules and regulations
Job Scale: (E)
Job Category/ Area: Class E \Officer supervisor
Salary Scale: E (6)
Reported to: Project Manager /Procurement & Logistics Manager
Supervisor on: Storekeepers/Drivers and Daily Workers
Duties and Responsibilities and wight
Technical role: (60%)
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and ADO’s standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- Responsible for all logistic tasks related to ADO projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of materials.
- prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests of offers for the supply of goods and services to meet ADO project’s objectives.
- Organize the planning of the purchases and define the priorities of the items needed by the applicants
- Ensure that the purchases meet the needs, cost, quality & delivery time requirements, having in mind quality and sustainability of the purchased items;
- Ensure a regular and smooth communication with the Administrative department to prepare the supplier payments, documents hand-over and expenses follow-up
- Initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure regular follow up of all contracts and their renewal / extension signed on time.
- Prepare Purchase Requests (PR), Good Receipt Notes (GRN), and any other logistic forms.
- Liaise with ADO main office on all items that are not locally available.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet management including the distribution and transportation of medicine/ equipment’s and WASH materials as needed.
- Prepare daily records of logistics, fleet management activities.
- Ensure regular maintenance of different vehicles together is done, setup appropriate maintenance contract with supplier or ensure an appropriate repair process and services follow-ups with car rental company(s);
- Transport contract negotiation with suppliers and follow up, as well as fuel supply contract with fuel stations
- Ensure that project warehouse is managed according to ADO warehouse management guidelines and records are well maintained.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities
Supervision role: (40%)
- The Logistic Officer must know about materials specification and quality related to Health/WASH/FSL Intervention
- Ensure assets register and inventory for ADO field office are up-to-date in all times
- Supervise the general follow up of vehicles (consumption checks, movement planning, movement tracking, vehicle running logs, booking etc.)
- Ensure all vehicles meet ADO requirements for safety,
- Ensuring that all items issued from the store, purchased or received for onward transportation are appropriately documented and accompanied by the required waybills;
- To carry out close inspection of Project items/materials delivered to the stores, to ensure that they are the right quantity and quality;
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods are properly issued.
- Maintain project files Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
Training / Development plan
- Training on doners procurement and logistics polices
- Based on position objectives & competences
Experience and Qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Logistics, Business Management or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience from working as a Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Having experience in import and customs clearance
Skills / Knowledge
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to participate in making decisions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Skills of preparation and analysis of logistics reports.
- The skill of preparing and monitoring the estimated budgets for the logistic expenses.
- Communication, negotiation, persuasion and meeting management skills.
Gender: Female /Male
- A cover letter including a maximum two pages description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
- Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
- Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the Application in the following URL :
Deadline to send your application Date(21-01-2021)