Ended Data Entry Officer H&N
Position: Data Entry Officer H&N
Reports to: Health Supervisor and Project Manager
Location: Based in Hajja, with travel to field
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
INTERSOS is implementing different health and nutrition projects in Hajja, aiming at aims at reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable, conflict-affected populations with focus on children under 5, pregnant and lactating women through the provision of life saving emergency health services in Hajja by running functioning health facilities, by establishing a network of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) that provide community outreach services, in addition to support for referral hospitals, in addition to BLS ambulance services, and newly adding the running of outreach service through mobile clinic teams.
The projects are addressing the health needs of people in acute need in mostly remote and hard to reach areas, in peripheral districts in Hajja (Qafl Shamer, Ku’aydina, Mabyan, Najra and Abs districts). The selection of districts and respective health facilities is done in close consultation and per assessment with the GHO/MoPHP. H&N services are deliverey in Hajja, and reported and supervised by the sub-clusters/ hub in Al-Hudaida.
- Collate and managed health and nutrition specific databases professionally: data collection, insertion and storage received from the health facilities staff and CHVs.
- Conduct field visits to review data against the registation forms (spot check), correct any incompatibilities if possible and check the output.
- Support the Project Manager, Health Supervisor and Reporting officer with data, statistics and graphics produced, for the preparation of reports, trend analysis and matrixes.
- Support the Cash Distribution Officer in recording the cash for nutrition assistance provided by INTERSOS and ensure a regular analysis of this data.
- Support reporting officer for conducting monthly beneficiary satisfaction surveys on a random sample of patients visiting the Health facilities location through FGDs in order to collect feedback on the services delivered, using approved and standardized format for H&N service delivery service satisfaction surveying.
- Translate any documents related to the activity implementation
- Attend meetings and training related to H&N information data management
- Accomplish any other duties assigned by the project manager
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles (Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity)
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Ensure full confidentiality of the received information
- Education: BA diploma level successfully achieved
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience, with data entry related tasks
- Work experience with data related to health or nutrition projects will be an asset
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Knowledge of KOBO and ODK, or any other smart data collection tools will be as asset
- Good interpersonal skills
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Deadline for submission of application: 20 January 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered).