Ended Anesthesia Specialist
Position: Anesthesia Specialist
Reports to: Health Supervisor and Program Manager
Location: Ku`aydina Hospital in Ku`aydina district - Hajja governorate
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Provide integrated emergency health & nutrition services - by running a mobile clinic, support a network of Community Health Volunteers and support for Operational Theater for referral hospital - for conflict affected people in Ku’aydina district, Hajja governorate, Yemen
The project aims at reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable, conflict-affected populations with focus on children under 5 years, pregnant and lactating women through the provision of life saving emergency health services in Hajja by running a mobile clinic, support a network of Community Health Volunteers and support for Operational Theatre for referral hospital - for conflict affected people in Ku’aydina district
- Evaluate, monitor and supervise patient care before, during and after surgery and delivering anesthesia services
- Evaluate the patient fitness for the operation
- Leading the anesthesia team and ensuring optimal patient safety
- Coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation.
- Decide when patients have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent to another room or ward or to be sent home following outpatient surgery.
- Examine patient, obtain medical history and use diagnostic tests to determine risk during surgical, obstetrical, and other medical procedures.
- Monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications.
- Record type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout procedure.
- Manage anesthesia services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures.
- Provide and maintain life support and airway management, and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
- Provide medical care and consultation in many settings, prescribing medication and treatment and referring patients for surgery.
- Schedule and maintain use of surgical suite, including operating, wash-up, waiting rooms and anesthetic and sterilizing equipment.
- Assembling the essential anesthesia equipment i.e. IV (intravenous) lines & pouches, gloves, sterile masks, X-ray, RAD and other necessary anesthetics commodities.
- Operating as the aide to the surgical care team.
- Monitoring anesthesia equipment’s all through any operation; this will generally involve cleaning, maintaining and troubleshooting equipment.
- He/she must have a thorough knowledge of the electronic, mechanical equipment used during operations.
- He/she will have to maintain the record of the anesthesia supplies used during all operations.
- To prepare in advance for emergency operations, he/she will have to keep a record of the operating room schedules. This way the operation may work out smoothly.
- The anesthesia Specialist should be aware of all theater safety policies & procedures
- Organize smooth project supplies; ordering, stocking, and distribution and monitoring of consumption and weekly and monthly reporting on consumption.
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Anesthetic specialty certificate is essential
- Good experience in anesthetics procedures for one year
- Languages: Fluent in both Arabic and English
- Previous experience working for an international NGO preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions
- Ability to write reports in English (required format)
- Deadline for submission of application: 20 Jan 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Mentioning clearly the position in the subject and location of the e-mail.